• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

S1-Paper 62. Help please. ASAP.

Reaction score
Oh yeah! If 2 of us did the same thing, we might be right! I've asked on Yahoo answers to see, there are proper geniuses there. I'll quote you back when I get the answer. How did the rest of your paper go?

Lets hope for the best. :) oh, okay (Y)

Rest of the paper went very well. Other than Q2, i just got the last part of the permutation question wrong.

Reaction score
The first 3 people were chosen at the beginning because they HAD to be there, then you choose the other 2. We don't know who's right, but I'm sticking with my opinion for the moment!
Okay. So listen? the question was like There are three groups? One have 7 Members, One have 2 and other have 2. There should be ATLEAST 1 People from each group. We need to select 5.

So firstly to fulfill the requirement of ATLEAST 1 From each we have :

7C3 x 2C1 x 2C1.
Then,
7C1 x 2C2 x 2C2.
Then,
7C2 x 2C1 x 2C2
Then,
7C2 x 2C2 x 2C1.
Adding these all we get the final answer.

Reaction score
Okay. So listen? the question was like There are three groups? One have 7 Members, One have 2 and other have 2. There should be ATLEAST 1 People from each group. We need to select 5.

So firstly to fulfill the requirement of ATLEAST 1 From each we have :

7C3 x 2C1 x 2C1.
Then,
7C1 x 2C2 x 2C2.
Then,
7C2 x 2C1 x 2C2
Then,
7C2 x 2C2 x 2C1.
Adding these all we get the final answer.
You're absolutely right :)

Reaction score
I don't know who's right and who is wrong. It was a 3 / 4 marker so even though 1 of us (probs me) is wrong, we will probably pick 1 / 2 marks. Good luck to all with the rest of the questions! I think I lost 5 marks overall in this paper. Let's hope it doesn't get worse!