• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

S1-Paper 62. Help please. ASAP.

Reaction score
Peeople. To those who appeared for S1-P62. I really need to ask two things.

Firstly? In Q No. 1 where we had n=19. I did that with a Normal Distribution Method which gave an answer of 0.805, While in real we need to do that by Binomial method ( nCr ) which gave 0.72 answer. My method is wrong but values of p and q were correct. So will I get any mark from 4 ? Or directly get 0 ? Or 1 mark?

Secondly? In Q No. 7. Part (iii) Where we had Approximation. I forgot to add 'square root' to the value of variance which was 36. While the rest of the method was perfect including area etc so how many marks will I get out of 6? 4?
Help Please.

Expect these two mistakes, nailed S-1 ;)
How were yours? Expected threshold? Mine, 40.

Reaction score

Firstly? In Q No. 1 where we had n=19. I did that with a Normal Distribution Method which gave an answer of 0.805, While in real we need to do that by Binomial method ( nCr ) which gave 0.72 answer. My method is wrong but values of p and q were correct. So will I get any mark from 4 ? Or directly get 0 ? Or 1 mark?

Secondly? In Q No. 7. Part (iii) Where we had Approximation. I forgot to add 'square root' to the value of variance which was 36. While the rest of the method was perfect including area etc so how many marks will I get out of 6? 4?
Help Please.

Sorry im not answering your question but I thought the variance was 32?!!!!!!! The n was 200, p was 0.8, q was 0.2 right?! Oh man...

Reaction score

Help Please.

For not using the value of S.D , you'll only lose one mark ...you can easily get 5/6 out of that question.