• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

S1 STATISTICS, CODING?

Reaction score
I have done this question but I don't get what u wanna say can you tell me which part you are talking about the first or the second so that I can explain it to you

Actually I totally suck at both the parts. Nvm. But the first part..what's the logic? How do I expand this sigma(x-50) or what does it represent as a whole?

Reaction score
Actually I totally suck at both the parts. Nvm. But the first part..what's the logic? How do I expand this sigma(x-50) or what does it represent as a whole?
First you find the mean which is sigma x/n they have given sigma x so you can find the mean
Then you use the coding formula for the mean and in place of the mean you put the value you got before when you calculated the mean this will give you sigma(x-50) which they are asking in the first part
For sigma(x-50)^2
You use the coding formula for standard deviation now and they have given u the s.d in the question this will help u to find sigma (x-50)^2
For second part
First u will find the mean for 17 students now by adding 72 to 824 and dividing by 17
X. X-50. (X-50)^2
72. 22. 484
For the first 16 values. 24. 712
U have already found both these things. 46. 1196

Now use the s.d formula the coding one to find the new s.d

Hope u understood very hard to explain such questions but I tried my best

Reaction score
How can you tell the difference between combination and permutation? Is there a specific word to give us a clue? .....and is there a specific formula for finding values for probability distribution tables?

Reaction score
First you find the mean which is sigma x/n they have given sigma x so you can find the mean
Then you use the coding formula for the mean and in place of the mean you put the value you got before when you calculated the mean this will give you sigma(x-50) which they are asking in the first part
For sigma(x-50)^2
You use the coding formula for standard deviation now and they have given u the s.d in the question this will help u to find sigma (x-50)^2
For second part
First u will find the mean for 17 students now by adding 72 to 824 and dividing by 17
X. X-50. (X-50)^2
72. 22. 484
For the first 16 values. 24. 712
U have already found both these things. 46. 1196

Now use the s.d formula the coding one to find the new s.d

Hope u understood very hard to explain such questions but I tried my best

Hahaha Thanks man. 3 hours to my paper. I hope this shit doesn't even come. :'3 Thanks a lot. :)