• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

SAT II Subject Test

Reaction score
I will be free from my A2 Exams by 26th May and i have appeared for SAT II Subject Test in physics, chemistry and maths level II on 4th June. So i would be having almost 8 complete days to study for the SAT II. I'll be with fresh knowledge of my Alevels, so please tell me how should i prepare in these 8 days to get a good Scoring in my SAT subject test. Someone who has already appeared in the SAT II in the above mentioned subjects and has got a good scoring, his help would be greatly appreciated. And how many extra topics would i have to cover in all the three subjects?

Oh and btw i have the official College Board Subject Test books and Barrons aswell. So which is better to study with? From what i have heard the official college board SAT II is quite helpful.

NOTE TO THE MODS: I know this is the wrong section but please do not move this thread for just one day until i get some helpful reply's. Nobody answers in the SAT Section. So please bare with me for just one day.

Thank You. =)

Reaction score
i am appearing again cuz i didnt get a good score in da 1st one.

4 phy their r few topics which u have to do

ALTHO ITS NOT NECESSARY but their is dis special relativity rarefaction stuff lumination etc...

Doppler effect some nuclear physics

Reaction score
HEY, wishing you both all the best. I also wanted to give SAT II subjects but couldn't do so because of unavoidable reasons.

All the very best hope you guys score great!!!

Reaction score
Lol. Thank you for the wishes but i was looking for some helpful reply's at the moment. =)

Reaction score
Best of luck to all the people appearing for SAT 2 in june.....Hey,do pray 4 me..i had given Sat 2 On may 7.....

Reaction score
depends on the subject you are taking. Chem is the easiest. It is easy to get a perfect in Physics, but the questions are tricky. Most of physics is same as A Level.
Biology is a bitch. I don't know anyone who got perfect in biology. You would have to work hard on biology. use sparknotes.com
Math level 2 contents aren't tough but the questions are very tricky, and you have just one hour to do it. You need to practice a lot for it.
Best of Luck. I hope that you'll do great in your SATs.
If anyone has any question they can pm. I have a lot of SAT stuff which I could share.
My SAT scores were,
Physics 780
Chem 770
Bio/M and Math L II 750.

Reaction score
buy the barrons book. I gave my sat 2 on 7th May, looking forward for my reult in a couple of days
just no need to panic, read the barrons, and do as many practice tests, (4 are enough, seriously telling)

Reaction score
I have done the Kaplan ,and its relatively easy and resembles to the real questions of the SAT 2 unike Barrons, Barrons is a bit critical,since you dont have enough time i recommend Kapalan,it has has practice tests on each chapter as well as mixed.However do are you planning to try for the US universities?

Reaction score
What about the official college board books guys? Since i am already having them. Are they that useless? =(

Reaction score
Edifier said:
What about the official college board books guys? Since i am already having them. Are they that useless? =(

upto some extent! yea useless.

Reaction score
I'm Bumping this thread again since i'm now done with my Alevels Exams. Anyways i have 8 days now starting from tommorow till my SAT II test.

So kindly tell me which book should i study from, The Princeton Review or Barrons? And some helpful tips would be appreciated. Is it easy scoring in SAT II if you know your Alevels or is it still hard?

What else should i do instead of the practice tests to get a good scoring. I know i'm short on time so please tell me the best possible way to utilize this time to achieve a good score.

Thank You. =)

Reaction score
^ Dude if you cared to read the first post, i'm appearing in Physics, Chemistry and Maths for SAT II. Not Biology etc.