• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

SAT Official Study Guide

Reaction score
I have it, but honestly I'd say get the Princeton Review one instead. This one lacks word meanings which is pretty important for the critical reading portion and doesn't really go into depth of certain things. Many of my friends have the Princeton Review one and I think it's better.

Reaction score
Can anyone then recommend me some good study guides that explains and gives good tipis?
I would suggest do not just restrict yourself to just one Study Guide for SAT ....Go for Barrons and Princeton for tips and consider College borad Guide for official tests. For more tests, consider Mcgrawhill And Kaplan :)

Reaction score
Princeton and Kaplan are good but I'd suggest u go for Barron's. The Barron's book is just a bit more difficult than these other books and its known to 'over-prepare' students but its obviously far better to be over-prepared than under-prepared.

Reaction score
Can anyone then recommend me some good study guides that explains and gives good tipis?
u must do the collegeboard books ..the tests they include are simlar to the one u;ll get on the test day....go for barrons and princeton too..mcgraw hills is easy ,..u can do it in the beginning to begin with easy level ...and then do the others ..so that the level gets medium/hard

Reaction score
Definitely STUDY from the PR book or Barron's. Both of them are detailed and really teach on how to attempt the real exam. The blue book was full of futility, in my case. But you should have it as a reference source, and there are pretty decent practice tests in it too!
Good luck! :)

Reaction score
guidebooks

Attachments

• Grammar.pdf
    766.1 KB · Views: 55
  • grammarfocus.pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 45
Reaction score
Princeton and Kaplan are good but I'd suggest u go for Barron's. The Barron's book is just a bit more difficult than these other books and its known to 'over-prepare' students but its obviously far better to be over-prepared than under-prepared.
most answers in kaplan are wrong

Reaction score
I have it, but honestly I'd say get the Princeton Review one instead. This one lacks word meanings which is pretty important for the critical reading portion and doesn't really go into depth of certain things. Many of my friends have the Princeton Review one and I think it's better.
I take back what I said. You can rip the first 400 pages or so since they're pretty useless, but the tests in the Official SAT Study Guide are pretty good. The first 3 are real tests and the other 7 are closer to how a real test would be than a test in Kaplan/Barrons/etc since they've been made by College Board. Also, the CD contains 10 tests so that's a total of 18 tests, and full-fledged details on the correct answer and incorrect answers are given for every single question on their website.