• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

School uniform or normal clothes?

Reaction score
Hi and aoa,

I asked three different people this question and they gave all different answers. Since many of you have already given CIE, I would like to ask if you wore your normal clothes or uniform. There is nothing written in the statement of entry or the venue letter about the attire.

Let me know and thanks

Reaction score
Hi and aoa,

I asked three different people this question and they gave all different answers. Since many of you have already given CIE, I would like to ask if you wore your normal clothes or uniform. There is nothing written in the statement of entry or the venue letter about the attire.

Let me know and thanks

It really doesn't matter. It depends on your school/college. My center is and has been my institution always so we are compelled to wear the uniform during exam. (Exam or not, no student enrolled can enter the premises without uniform here)
However, normal clothes wouldn't matter in external centers unless your school forces you to wear school uniform. Which, by the way, they cannot enforce as CIE exams are EXTERNAL exams so the school cannot do anything to change what THEY (the CIE) impose.
I know because I've had 2 exams outside the college too, in a different center. Some students wore the uniform, some didn't. Both gave their exams. So, really doesn't matter.

Reaction score
Hi and aoa,

Let me know and thanks
i wore uniform , i think its better to wear uniform :)

Reaction score
wearing normal cloths doesnot matter , but uniform is school identity so u should wear uniform

Reaction score
If you have some maid or whatever to wash r uniform, then i guess candidates should wear uniform :D
though I prefer any usual clothes in which you feel easy :)

Reaction score
if u are appearing from school than uniform but if you are a private candidate then no uniform

Reaction score
if u are appearing from school than uniform but if you are a private candidate then no uniform

Not really. Private or not, it doesn't matter.

If you have some maid or whatever to wash r uniform, then i guess candidates should wear uniform :D
though I prefer any usual clothes in which you feel easy :)

Exactly. Comfort first so that you're in the ideal environment to give an exam in.

Reaction score
So either way, the instructors and invigilators will allow us to give exams, right?

Invigilators can't let you not sit for the exam. Shorts or jeans, t shirts or shirts, uniforms or nightsuits. It's not in their power to not let you sit for an exam because they don't like what you're wearing.

Unless, of course, someone goes to give an exam nude. That's a different story.

Reaction score
Invigilators can't let you not sit for the exam. Shorts or jeans, t shirts or shirts, uniforms or nightsuits. It's not in their power to not let you sit for an exam because they don't like what you're wearing.

Unless, of course, someone goes to give an exam nude. That's a different story.
Imagine a person sitting in the examination hall,nude.Actually,dont. : P

Reaction score
actually my skul doesnt allow us but in practicals we went in normal clothes but all of us the cant kick out all of us just make sure that many students come in color then they cant kick u out

They can't kick you out even if you're the only one not wearing uniform.

Reaction score
No staplers or paperclips. You can't bring them and they won't give you those. Not that I can remember of. The only exam I gave that required extra sheets was 3 years ago and I don't remember how the pages were tagged when I handed it back. I think you have to tie them with a thread and they give you that. Upper left corner. Not sure. Don't remember fully.