• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Screwed up in Aslevel Need Advise!!!

Reaction score
Hello...Igor Three Cs In maths Phy and chem i would not have imagined that as I worked very hard And did All the past papers still did not got the result so now iam going for retake of math and phy this november i wanted know how should i prepare and if it is worth for sending it for rchek plz give some advise ...Will it effect MY A2???And is it me Or anybody else also got what he didnot expected??

Reaction score
Hello...Igor Three Cs In maths Phy and chem i would not have imagined that as I worked very hard And did All the past papers still did not got the result so now iam going for retake of math and phy this november i wanted know how should i prepare and if it is worth for sending it for rchek plz give some advise ...Will it effect MY A2???And is it me Or anybody else also got what he didnot expected??
hello, y is 3 Cs is a " screw up" where r u going to go for uni..harvard ?​

Reaction score
wait for your splits results to come. then decide accordingly whether giving your papers for rechecking would be wise or not. e.g if your splits results for chem is BBC, give only the component with C for rechecking. this may then upgrade your results.

other than that, i personally wont recommend you to take retake as its prep would take away your precious A2 time- thus risking your A2 grade too. work harder next time and try to make your present grades to straight Bs.

And you can apply to your mentioned unis with these grades. so dont worry

Reaction score
kindly tell me one thing, if i want to retake my as level bio physics and maths exam, then do i have the choice to repeat only the papers which i desire like in physics i want to appear for as structured question paper only, in maths m1 only, in bio structured questions only. so it possible or do i have to repeat all the papers if i decide to have a retake? thanks

Reaction score
wait for your splits results to come. then decide accordingly whether giving your papers for rechecking would be wise or not. e.g if your splits results for chem is BBC, give only the component with C for rechecking. this may then upgrade your results.
It doesn't work like that, though. Only the theory paper in Physics, Biology and Chemistry get sent for rechecking, not the others. Essentially you are paying only to get your paper 2 rechecked.

If you do go for a recheck, don't go with the cheapest option because they just check if all of the questions have been marked. There's a middle one where the examiner checks your answers so you should go for that. If you're confident that your grade will be changed, it probably will so rechecking might be worth it.

Reaction score
kindly tell me one thing, if i want to retake my as level bio physics and maths exam, then do i have the choice to repeat only the papers which i desire like in physics i want to appear for as structured question paper only, in maths m1 only, in bio structured questions only. so it possible or do i have to repeat all the papers if i decide to have a retake? thanks
You need to repeat all of the components of each paper.

Reaction score
It doesn't work like that, though. Only the theory paper in Physics, Biology and Chemistry get sent for rechecking, not the others. Essentially you are paying only to get your paper 2 rechecked.

If you do go for a recheck, don't go with the cheapest option because they just check if all of the questions have been marked. There's a middle one where the examiner checks your answers so you should go for that. If you're confident that your grade will be changed, it probably will so rechecking might be worth it.

no. you are wrong here. you do have an option to send any of the components for rechecking. you can either get your whole paper rechecked or any of the components you wish. and ofcourse, getting a component checked is alot cheaper than getting whole paper rechecked.

Reaction score
Oh, then disregard what I said. One of my teachers told me that only the theory paper gets sent for rechecking for those subjects (since the MCQ paper is computerized and they won't recheck the practical papers).

Reaction score
its nt onyl u!! half ma skl has gt totaly unxpctd devastntg reslts!! v dnt desrve thses as we wrkd rely hard!!!

Reaction score

other than that, i personally wont recommend you to take retake as its prep would take away your precious A2 time- thus risking your A2 grade too. work harder next time and try to make your present grades to straight Bs.

And you can apply to your mentioned unis with these grades. so dont worry
when does statement of result comes and does it mention our percentages and all split results of each subject :/

Reaction score
statement of results comes usually after a week. ask your school in september. They will surely get it by then.
no we dont get percentages, only splits. however, some schools do not get splits. so ask around to know if your school isnt one of them.

Reaction score
Hey, you're not the only one! Expected an A in Bio & ended up with a D! I swear they screwed something up with our papers..

Reaction score
me too i got a C in MAth AS level but el7amdella but i am gonna repeat the math in oct/nov any advice for how to study? plzz help and thx

Reaction score
As far as my opinion is concerned do not go for recheking. It is loss of hopes, and finance.

just go for the retake of maths it is the best option u will definately get an A inshaALLAH.]
IT is up to u that go in this nov. or even in june with A2.
those who say that giving As retake of maths wil hurt ur A2 precious time! I disagree with them.
As retake means u are strengthening ur bases. so this will help u in learning p3 more wisely.

And donot get upset U will find all uni. u specified, above.

One more thing it is really hard to improve grade in A2. A2 just allows u to maintain ur grade or it will demote u. If u will not study hard.

THose who improve their grades in A2 are damn superb ones or Allah blesses them and this is once in a blue moon. U can say that they are found rarely.. around 2 in a crowd of 100.

I have seen such people and do not get upset. give retake with working even harder this time.(y)

Reaction score
hye everyone i need some advice too plz.....i got 2c in chm and bio and d in phy...i am planning to retake phy and bio for dis oct/nov session.....plz someone advise me on how i should study? or should i give just one subject in oct/nov and give the second one along with A2?