• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

section 3 of history to study or not for A*

Reaction score
Prepare everything and try to attempt section 3 question.. U can leave international affairs but don't take the risk to skip anthing for islamiat

Reaction score
It is upto you....however you will be able to finish the syllabus quickly if you leave section 3 because in the exam questions from that section are usually 2.I didnt study it and I still got an A*

Reaction score
Its up to u to leave the Section 3 in history but beware because there isnt any mention of 1 question from section 1 and 2 from Section 2 and the remaining from section 3 and looking at how CIE is trying to change things and find loop holes in our strategies i wont be surprised if i say them chopping questions from Section 2 and adding more questions from section 3 so if u are willing to take the risk do take it but make sure u give it a long thought :D

FOr islamiat dont leave anything at all its all simple and very easy just do everything and keep revising and do past papers like orally if u really get tired of doing them physically :p this helps u cover more past papers without wasting time and make sure u check the MS after wards to see if u said all the points :p

Reaction score
reasons plz and what could be skipped in Islamiat
DONT LEAVE ANYTHING IN ISLAMIAT!
In History, you should must have done sec3 atleast once so in case of emergency you can attempt it. I got A*s in both papers but i did only sec1&2.

Reaction score
i did nt and still got A*.....but still giv it a read...:]
hi
congrats for ur A*
i have a little problem and i hope u will solve it
and i will be greatful to anyone who helps me here
:)

I have taken history as a private candidate and haven't started it yet..my exam is in oct ....i wanna ask
what is the pattern and criteria of solving questions that can satisfy my examiner and guarantee that i can achieve an A*
like u know in pak studies we r awarded marks according to our points and our presentation..i got a n A* in it...but history seems new as the grade for one question is 20

i am giving an example here...so u can guide me more clearly
Q: with reference to Treaty of Versailles describe
a) military restrictions on Germany
b) frontier changes on Germany
c) frontier changes on Austria and Hungary
to what extent did it make another war likely ? (20)

plz just explain me how to answer the question and the pattern
i will be greatful
and thanks in Advance

Reaction score
Its easy if you try....Just pick the past papers and write 3 or 4 possible points for each and every question....you will notice that Q 1,2 and 3 are MOSTLY from Section 1 and 2.....Then Prepare from the book....learn the facts....make it a story so that u dont get bored while learning.....and finally learn those points you answered to each Pastpaper Q one or 2 weeks before exam....this way you will know the detail already you will not waste your time in exam struggling to make up points.....Now for the time management give 16 mins to the 14 mark Q , 6 mins to the 7 mark and 3 min to 4 mark Question.....( and thats alot of time believe me) :)
Now about how to answer a question :
-4 relevant points for 4 mark Q ( Dates not needed except for timeline Q's) + make headings the 4 mark Q's for e.g lucknow pact heading in the book to what was lucknow pact? just write what with every heading in the book and learn 4 good points.
-3 Relevant points for 7 mark Questions....Give a good start in first paragraph cuz 5 marks can be scored by the first paragraph( that is what i was told)....And one more thing that our teacher suggested and i followed in exam was that....I Did most questions in essay form no paragraphs so that examiner doesnt focus on how much information i have about one point....;) hehe
Lastly about 14 mark Q:
Give a good start with explaining the point given in Q...for e.g the Q u mentioned ''Q: with reference to Treaty of Versailles describe....'' Start with describing Treaty of versailles then give points in favour first then against it and then write atleast 4 more points in detail that could lead to another war but in this Q 3 points are already given so explain those ONLY and at the end evaluation...if you can support the point you choose to agree with , with reasons in your evaluation then marks are yourz :D
This is my experience and people may have a diff opinion cuz there are so many brains out there in the world hehe :D So good luck and have fun (y)

Reaction score
and one more thing in Q's like this one ''to what EXTENT did it make another war likely ? (20)'' You have to giv points in favour and against both...For e.g how military restrictions on Germany could make another war more likely and how it could not be the most important reason contributing to another war....remember BOTH....:)

Reaction score
Its easy if you try....Just pick the past papers and write 3 or 4 possible points for each and every question....you will notice that Q 1,2 and 3 are MOSTLY from Section 1 and 2.....Then Prepare from the book....learn the facts....make it a story so that u dont get bored while learning.....and finally learn those points you answered to each Pastpaper Q one or 2 weeks before exam....this way you will know the detail already you will not waste your time in exam struggling to make up points.....Now for the time management give 16 mins to the 14 mark Q , 6 mins to the 7 mark and 3 min to 4 mark Question.....( and thats alot of time believe me) :)
Now about how to answer a question :
-4 relevant points for 4 mark Q ( Dates not needed except for timeline Q's) + make headings the 4 mark Q's for e.g lucknow pact heading in the book to what was lucknow pact? just write what with every heading in the book and learn 4 good points.
-3 Relevant points for 7 mark Questions....Give a good start in first paragraph cuz 5 marks can be scored by the first paragraph( that is what i was told)....And one more thing that our teacher suggested and i followed in exam was that....I Did most questions in essay form no paragraphs so that examiner doesnt focus on how much information i have about one point....;) hehe
Lastly about 14 mark Q:
Give a good start with explaining the point given in Q...for e.g the Q u mentioned ''Q: with reference to Treaty of Versailles describe....'' Start with describing Treaty of versailles then give points in favour first then against it and then write atleast 4 more points in detail that could lead to another war but in this Q 3 points are already given so explain those ONLY and at the end evaluation...if you can support the point you choose to agree with , with reasons in your evaluation then marks are yourz :D
This is my experience and people may have a diff opinion cuz there are so many brains out there in the world hehe :D So good luck and have fun (y)
Eerrrmmm this is about pak studies history...I have given the exam and got A* in it :)
M asking about world affairs subject...:) world history

Reaction score
I did the whole syllabus of history except international relations nd got A*, i left many things in ISlamiat and got A ;)

Reaction score
Just to tell others that some people leave lots of stuff and get an A like the one above,no offence to anyone but these people are all lucky CIE nowadays is becoming more advanced,dont dare try and cheat them :p

Reaction score
hi
congrats for ur A*
i have a little problem and i hope u will solve it
and i will be greatful to anyone who helps me here

I have taken history as a private candidate and haven't started it yet..my exam is in oct ....i wanna ask
what is the pattern and criteria of solving questions that can satisfy my examiner and guarantee that i can achieve an A*
like u know in pak studies we r awarded marks according to our points and our presentation..i got a n A* in it...but history seems new as the grade for one question is 20

i am giving an example here...so u can guide me more clearly
Q: with reference to Treaty of Versailles describe
a) military restrictions on Germany
b) frontier changes on Germany
c) frontier changes on Austria and Hungary
to what extent did it make another war likely ? (20)

plz just explain me how to answer the question and the pattern
i will be greatful
and thanks in Advance
hi there....i am also giving o level world history this october.....which sections r u doing??

Reaction score
write in paragraphs and approx. 2 sides for a 14 mark and then for the 6 marks write 1 side.... do not write unnecessary information....

Reaction score
how much have u prepared or have u just started preparing?

Is the advice listed for pak studies or History world Affairs?

I'm giving History W.A this Oct. Any advice?
Like how to structure my answers etc.

+ in the paper if I answer 2Q from section A, 2Q from section C and then 1Q from another section. That would be fine right?

Reaction score
Is the advice listed for pak studies or History world Affairs?

I'm giving History W.A this Oct. Any advice?
Like how to structure my answers etc.

+ in the paper if I answer 2Q from section A, 2Q from section C and then 1Q from another section. That would be fine right?
It is for World history .. :)