• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Short Scary Stories

Reaction score
Here's one to begin with, enjoy

'I begin tucking him into bed and he tells me, "Daddy, check for monsters under my bed." I look underneath for his amusement and see him, another him, under the bed, staring back at me quivering and whispering, "Daddy, there's somebody on my bed."

Reaction score
I woke up in the middle of the night to see a child's legs dangling on the upper deck of my bed. I couldn't move. I knew full well they were ghosts. It was scary enough, but then he talked.

"Shouldn't we go down now, mother?"

I tried my best to close my eyes and go back to sleep. Then his mother replied.

"Not yet. The one below is still not asleep."

Reaction score
Here's one to begin with, enjoy

'I begin tucking him into bed and he tells me, "Daddy, check for monsters under my bed." I look underneath for his amusement and see him, another him, under the bed, staring back at me quivering and whispering, "Daddy, there's somebody on my bed."
This one's really creepy! Shary as Scit! --> A lit jumbled up phrase for (scary as shit). (*Scit pronunced as skit)

Reaction score
Ever since he was little, he had always run up the stairs after flicking off the basement light. She’s not very fast so it isn’t hard to stay ahead of her. He had gotten so accustomed to outrunning her that he was barely even scared anymore. Until the day the door at the top of the stairs was locked.

Reaction score
My neighbor was murdered sometime yesterday. I remember my hazy mind throbbing with fear as a gunshot had shattered through the air. I had lain awake with eyes wide in terror, my heart fluttering weakly.

I had heard the countless banging on the door from other neighbors, their concerned shouts and screams for help had driven me unconscious with apprehension. I grew agitated, but moving and making sounds were impossible in my current condition.

My heart had hammered painfully as emergency sirens had filled the air. The cops investigated the corpse of my neighbor that lay in the lounge, his blood oozing through the cracked floorboards.

They were supposed to be experts…

They were supposed to be experts, and I did everything. I even tried to lash out when they took the body away.

They were supposed to be experts, but they couldn’t find me…

It had been three days since my capture, silence permeated through the apartment as everybody moved on, and I still lay trapped underneath the cracked floorboards where his blood – my only sustenance – had poured into my tongue-less mouth

Reaction score
Today when I was reading the morning newspaper my 6 years old son came up to me and said, 'Daddy, we should get out of this house...'
'What? Why?'
'There is a ghost here.'
'Hey son, look there is nothing like ghosts or other things okay! Who told you these things.'
'Our Maid.'
'We don't have a maid, son'

Reaction score
Every day I see her. Staring back at me in mirrors and mirrored surfaces.
She has long brown hair and pale skin... Like me.
High cheekbones... Like me.
Nicely trimmed eyebrows above expressive clear eyes... Like me.
I watch every day as her full lips move in time with mine as I speak. I watch her laugh, the small wrinkles around her eyes giving away her age.
I watch her walk and dance and go about her life as if nothing is wrong.
I watch as her hand lifts to her face. I feel my fingers touch my cheek, my nose, my mouth, as she does.
She has them all fooled. Everyone but me. I know better. No matter how much she looks like me there's still one little detail she missed... My eyes aren't blue.

Reaction score
Have you seen my friend Miranda anywhere? I seem to have lost her! The last time i saw her she was somewhere around here...

She is of medium height maybe 5'6 or so. She has long thin black hair and a very pale complexion. Her skin is rather wrinkled but she isnt old. And...she is wearing a rather dirty white gown, i think. What else...oh yes, she has empty eye sockets. No eyes, that is. Her cheeks are bloodstained. And...she has one of those, what do you call them... Glasgow smiles. She keeps her mouth somewhat open, flashing her sharp fangs and rather serpent like tongue from time to time. She keeps looking around for food. That girl has an apetite! And she has a weird way of standing, tilting her head a bit to the left with strands of hair covering her rather deformed face. She also has a habit of breathing slowly. So...yeah. Thats pretty much it.

If you see Miranda somewhere please tell her that... Oh... Nevermind. Silly me! I didnt even notice she is right there behind you!

Reaction score
the-voices-are-telling-me-to-kill-you.jpg

Reaction score
Have you seen my friend Miranda anywhere? I seem to have lost her! The last time i saw her she was somewhere around here...

She is of medium height maybe 5'6 or so. She has long thin black hair and a very pale complexion. Her skin is rather wrinkled but she isnt old. And...she is wearing a rather dirty white gown, i think. What else...oh yes, she has empty eye sockets. No eyes, that is. Her cheeks are bloodstained. And...she has one of those, what do you call them... Glasgow smiles. She keeps her mouth somewhat open, flashing her sharp fangs and rather serpent like tongue from time to time. She keeps looking around for food. That girl has an apetite! And she has a weird way of standing, tilting her head a bit to the left with strands of hair covering her rather deformed face. She also has a habit of breathing slowly. So...yeah. Thats pretty much it.

If you see Miranda somewhere please tell her that... Oh... Nevermind. Silly me! I didnt even notice she is right there behind you!
Hahaha. I don't know why, but i found this one funny. (Creepy, yes but still...)