• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Short Story Competition

Reaction score
Dusk had fallen and the café was quiet except for a middle aged man sitting near the door gazing at falling drops of rain forming a puddle near the doorstep. He was lost in some deep thought while waiting for a visitor who it seemed to have decided not to come. Thunder rumbled in the sky and the lights of the cafe flickered. A tear escaped the man's eyes and fell in the cold cup of tea like the rain drop in the puddle.
"I am here William," said a voice and a hand patted his shoulder.
"I knew you would come," said William without turning his head.
"And so I came when it was time. You have been here for a week here."
"I come every day in the morning," replied William, "the people here are kind."
The shadow of the man dragged a chair in front of William and sat down barring his teeth in a grin, "Are they."
"DON'T START ON IT AGAIN." raged William and then breathing hard he said, "Please just be done with this business."
"Of course. I won't go on reminding you since all your thoughts have been occupied with only that one memory."
The sky was darkening and the ferocity of the rain had increased, the cafe had been emptied of all living beings except these two men, and plunged in darkness.
At that moment a lantern lit in the ceiling all by it self, and Williams head full of gray streaks became visible. His gaunt eyes and care worn pale face fit the atmosphere well.
William looked at the young handsome face in front of him and his face creased into a smile, something which had not happened often for 20 years.

A young women entered into the Street side cafe all wet and cold on a winter evening. The cafe was empty and the young waiter in duty rushed towards her and helped her onto a seat.
"Ill get you something hot...Margarat."
"No William its, I cant hold on for long. My life is fading."
"I will...will save you," said William shuddering.
"No he comes to claim me for I summoned him. I want you to stay with me."
"No one is going to take you from me," said William pulling Margaret into a warm embrace and he held her there with a deeply troubled expression.
The voice of the town's fortune teller echoed in his head, "To save her you must give blood to THE TAKER"
But how could he take the life of another. This is Margaret, idiot, the love of your life. You must do it for her.
"What are you doing?" said Mr Green, the manager of the cafe.
"I am sorry sir, but its my wife. She is dying."
"What CAN I DO ABOUT THAT. GET THE HELL OUT OF MY CAFE NOW."
"Its cold and rainy sir, please."
"OUT NOW. YOU ARE FIRED,"
Anger flashed across William's face and his gaze shifted towards the knife lying on the counter and then to the manager turning his back towards them.

"I wish I had the strength that night... to do what was right. It was my chance," said WIlliam in a calm voice.
"Do you think it was?"
"What else could it be? You were here and you saw it. I could have done good that night."
"You did good that night by saving the life."
"I wasted all I had," said William sternly.
"Very well it seems, there is no other way to change your mind I believe the work must be done. My time is almost up."
Thunder rumbled in the storm and the smile on William's gaunt face widened and he took a sigh of relief. The man cracked his knuckles and lightening flashed.

Margaret took a breath and screamed painfully, a fountain of blood spurted from her mouth and then her eyes dissolved in a pool of blood. Her face had turned white and her hands cold already. Her body floated in the air and then as if something pulled it apart, it burst. Flesh oozed from every corner of the alley and William only cried louder every second. After a long time he braced himself and got out of the alley. The Street Side Cafe was in front of him locked up. Mr Green drove his car down the road going very slowly in the storm and then out of the blue there came a truck that collided with it, there was a huge explosion; the Taker had claimed Mr Green as well and to young William's agony. All he could wonder now with pain was if he had only taken the life of Mr Green he could have saved Margarat from the bane of abandoning the dark powers without proper rituals which required death of many innocents and William, her love.

No longer this body cared who looked at its charred remains, he was free of the endless torture and pondering over his path. The storm had stopped and the people in the Street side Cafe gathered at the spot near the door where a middle aged man had been sitting before the lightening flashed.

Reaction score
Enjoy my return :D
;);) For I will darken your thoughts and turn your hearts to grief by....winning :p :p in the future ;)

Reaction score
Well this is pathetic. I learn that there is a new line and really old kind of topic :She was alone.... Guess ill find time next week for another story....:eek:

Reaction score
Ok guys new line in!!!
Marvin drove through the dark road in the cold night having little idea of where he was going...

Reaction score
HELP! as u all are such good writers :)
now can anyone provide me with a short story on " A disappointing holiday" ! plzzzzzz

Reaction score
u do it and post the storyy dear...

There is no need to be rude to someone who gives u advice to improve something

Such grumpy, egoistic, and arrogant people destroy our planet

U havent won any nobel prize in literature dear... so dont assume yourself as the best writer in the world

I wonder is that the same way u respond to ur teachers?

Furthermore, I aint that vaila to write a whole story

However I will try my best with the sole intention of helping others and not just filling my chest with pride

Some people are as arrogant as they are vaika

Reaction score
There is no need to be rude to someone who gives u advice to improve something

Such grumpy, egoistic, and arrogant people destroy our planet

U havent won any nobel prize in literature dear... so dont assume yourself as the best writer in the world

I wonder is that the same way u respond to ur teachers?

Furthermore, I aint that vaila to write a whole story

However I will try my best with the sole intention of helping others and not just filling my chest with pride

Some people are as arrogant as they are vaika

that was not arrogant I guess..... bro you may suggest yours as the other upcoming topic :)

Reaction score
well explain the fact she said
u post the story
dear

do u know Irfan Atique
he claimed to be retired CIE Islamiyat examiner, and stole the identity of another person Vincent Chetail (go google him)
he copy pasted long essays of irrelevant answers and kind of like misguided a lot of people

he used to fight a lot and call everyone in his fights dear
if i have misunderstood her, then i am sorry
but i dont think i misunderstood her

btw. finish this now
we dont to lighten some large fireworks here and end up having this thread locked

Reaction score
well explain the fact she said
u post the story
dear

do u know Irfan Atique
he claimed to be retired CIE Islamiyat examiner, and stole the identity of another person Vincent Chetail (go google him)
he copy pasted long essays of irrelevant answers and kind of like misguided a lot of people

he used to fight a lot and call everyone in his fights dear
if i have misunderstood her, then i am sorry
but i dont think i misunderstood her

btw. finish this now
we dont to lighten some large fireworks here and end up having this thread locked

:) you are right we must stop this, but I want to say the man you are talking about is male and rutzaba is female :)
dont you think both gender have specific uses of words... :)