• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Should i join LUMS for engineering?

Reaction score
Guys i want ur opinion...is LUMS good for engineering?..if i join it i wud burden my parents with loads of fees even with the scholarshp...or shud i wait for NUST test and leave everything on Luck...the deadline to pay the fee is getting closer...wat shud i do?? Lums is difficult to afford for me..still i want ur opinion...thanks..and whoelse in this forum is going to LUMS..do tell.plz

Reaction score
cool. frst of all let me tell u dat be in no doubt dat joining LUMS is worth the experience. It is currently the best institute for management sciences, and certainly one of the very best if not the best, for engineering, So yes, I think u shud try out for lums. Its the name, and the quality of education, that you pay for, so the fees is bound to be high as LUMS gives u that and alot more,

The issue wid fees,,,,welll i realy dont kno how ure askin this now bcoz da deadline for registration for fall 2011 is way past gone.....but yes, let me tell u that you can apply for financial aid, and judging from ur financial status LUMS will giv u da appropriate financial aid...and den if u constantly receive scholarships dre ure bound to get a prcentage of ur fees deducted evrytime u do so. there r lots of students like u who hav graduated from LUMS. well i dont kno wht the situation is ryt now, but i think there r many agencies and organizations in Pakistan who giv out academic funds to achieiving students. so that is alsoi a way out.

So yea if ure applying for nxt year den apply in both places....the future is always uincertain u must have back up :)

al da best :)

Reaction score
Have you got the financial arrangement letter? Me too have got the conditional offer.. When is the last day to pay for it?

Reaction score
oh ok from mhas24's reply i undrstand u hav applied nd hav gotten in, well congratulations cool !

yes, hav u got the letter of financial arrangement.. dat shud help u wid da fee isssue :)

leme kno soon

Reaction score
yea and dt means we dont hav 2 send in the hostel dues ryt now ryt> we hav 2 do it along wid da financial arrangement letter....

Reaction score
well i applied....got in...but im waitin for the financial aid letter dat shal basicaly decide i gues.....no m a comerce student goin to SSSHL...u?

Reaction score
LUMS is good for engineering and NUST is also good!
if u got into LUMS and the result for NUST is yet to come
go for LUMS
u never know whether u get into NUST or not!
plus u can get a finanial aid from LUMS as i've heard!
I can confirm and tell u abt it!

Reaction score
princesszahra said:
go for LUMS

dude whts dre 2 cnfirm? lol read my post =D

Reaction score
djdead1 said:
princesszahra said:
go for LUMS

dude whts dre 2 cnfirm? lol read my post =D
oh sorry!

Reaction score
Is LUMS still sending out offer letters for business school or they are done with the process? I still haven't received it and am getting really anxious. My LCAT went really well and I was really counting on getting in

Reaction score
ofmoria said:
Is LUMS still sending out offer letters for business school or they are done with the process? I still haven't received it and am getting really anxious. My LCAT went really well and I was really counting on getting in
they are somtimes late!

Reaction score
ofmoria said:

just pray 2 God to giv u whts best fo u :)

Reaction score
Thanks every1 for helping me...yah i have got the admission as well as the letter..i can't tell openly how much aid i got...im still thinking abt it..wud have to convince the parents that Lums is good...
does any1 know how much r the living expenses..i know the monthly rent of hostel but do they provide food also in that..i don't think so..so dats the real issue...the fees and hostel wud total become alot of money....and depending on NUSTis also not very secure..i'd have to study FSC wich i don't want to dats y im interested in LUMS...

Reaction score
cool said:
Thanks every1 for helping me...yah i have got the admission as well as the letter..i can't tell openly how much aid i got...im still thinking abt it..wud have to convince the parents that Lums is good...
does any1 know how much r the living expenses..i know the monthly rent of hostel but do they provide food also in that..i don't think so..so dats the real issue...the fees and hostel wud total become alot of money....and depending on NUSTis also not very secure..i'd have to study FSC wich i don't want to dats y im interested in LUMS...

umm if u hav da financial aid letter, then u also hav da hostel dues documents !!! its given, everything is given in dat dude! read it carefully

Reaction score
ahmed t said:
hey what requirements do LUMS usually require in A-levels?

depends.
frst u need to giv the LUMS Common admission test (LCAT)
and ofcours perfrmanc in dat is exxtremely significant
if however u r an international student nd cant appear for the LCAT in pakistan u hav to show dem ur SAT score. they dont realy mention the min SAT score dat dey need but yea it oughtta b gud enuf too. well for schools oder dn SSE dey dont require SAT II. for SSE im ot sure ull hav 2 chek.
once they giv u ur conditional offer (or if uve already given ur A levels) u shud hav atleast 3 principal subjects (GP doesbt count)
And grades should b no less dan 2 B's and 1 C, such that there is no more dan 1 C and no less dan a C in any subject.

For SSE again. ull hav 2 chek if they need science or any oder specific subjects.

apart from that, well any good university looks for a candidate with a good academic school record and an avid participant.

u can visit their website www.lums.edu.pk

hope dat helped :)

Reaction score
i have read everything...the hostel fee is only the rent and they didn't mention that they provide food in dat...it is indeed very expensive as i wud have to spend extra on food..

Reaction score
my brother was in lums sse but after two years he was dis hearted and was thoroughly let down by the staff my younger brother is in nust and trust me he is better off the elder brother applied to another university got the admission and left lums even after 2 years, i have also got admission in lums this year but my brother is totally against my going there so here is my opinion that nust is definatly better than lums and with the fee load of lums you will do better in nust InshAllah