• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

So I was running out of space in the Islamiyat paper today, and started writing in the...

Reaction score
blank space at the bottom of the page. Am I screwed or what? I just now realized that the papers are scanned and there's a good chance that what I've written outside the designated space will not be marked.

So, to reiterate, am I screwed? I didn't write in the barcodes BTW.

Reaction score
I'm afraid you are :/ You could have asked for an extra sheet
Thankfully, it was only a sentence or so for two answers. InshAllah the CIE folks will still reward me good marks.
You do not have any reason to worry. Candidate answer booklets are scanned but the marking software used by CIE examiners called SCORIS, allows examiners to take action when they find out that the candidate has written outside of the designated answer space. Examiners send the answer for review where the Department concerned with "exceptions" deals with this. They locate the script and send it out for traditional marking. You have got absolutely nothing to worry about.

Reaction score
You do not have any reason to worry. Candidate answer booklets are scanned but the marking software used by CIE examiners called SCORIS, allows Examiners to take action when they find out that the candidate has written outside of the designated answer space. Examiners send the ANSWER for review where the Department concerned with exceptions deals with this. They locate the script and send it out for traditional marking. You have got absolutely nothing to worry about.

Wow that is extremely awesome. You just lifted a huge burden off my chest. Thanks a lot dude.