• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Sociology CIE 2012

Reaction score
hey everyone after these june july vaccations, i will be in class 10 (insha allah)..so i was thinking of giving the extra paper of sociology this november 2012.
so i am in need of immense help, regarding the paper pattern, i will be needing the notes, helpful refrence books and all these things..
please anyone who can help me in this regard..! i will be really thankful:D actually m in only in class 10 which has not even started yet so i dont know a single thng about CIE!:'(

Reaction score
"Ken Brown's" Sociology Book and "Sociology Alive" by "Stephen Moore" are certainly the best books for Olevel sociology :D... First have a go through the subject"s syllabus and ensure that u cover all the points listed under different chapters.... There are usually 8 chapters... In paper 1 they give four and in paper they give the remaining four :D... In paper 1 there is a compulsory question i.e. Q1 from a chapter named "sociological research" and two questions from each of the three remaining chapters from which u have to do only three( so 3 out of 6 ).

Reaction score
In paper 2 u 'll get two questions from each of the four chapters and u 'll have to answer only 3...(so 3 out of 8)... You will find the way of answering sociology questions in the subject's marking schemes which are available on this site :p Best of Luck..

Reaction score
ok thanks well and yeah i know about ken brown's book as it is in our school syllabus but i guess it doesn't help much so have u got an other reference book(s)?