• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

sociology post your doubts here!!

Reaction score
how many points should u write in the 6 mark and 8 marks questions?
is there a number required or write as many as u want ?

Reaction score
can I do it if I start studying now? pls tell me a study pattern to follow!

yes sure but be on a safe side.complete the most necessary topics
A PERSONAL IMPROVEMENT GUIDELINE by By Christian D. Larson (1874)

"No matter how dark the cloud, look for the silver lining; it is there, and
when you always look at the bright side of things you develop brightness in
yourself.

This brightness will strengthen all your faculties so that you can
easily overcome what obstacles may be in your way, and thus gain the
victory desired.

Direct your attention constantly to the bright side of things;
refuse absolutely to consider any other side. At first this may not be possible
in the absolute sense, but perseverance never fails to win.

However, do not try hard; gently direct your attention to the bright side and know that you can.
Ere long it will be second nature for you to live on the sunny side. The value
of this attainment is very great; first, because joyousness will increase life,
power, energy and force; this we all know from personal experience, and we
wish to have all the life and power that we can possibly secure; second,
because the happiest soul never worries, which is great gain.

Worry has crippled thousands of fine minds and brought millions to an early grave. We
simply cannot afford to worry and must never do so under any condition
whatever." !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Y U NO answer my question :(

for 6 marks question i think at least 3 points well defined and a example.and for 8 marks 4 to 5 points well defined with example.
in both question refer sociologist theories with example. and try not to write less than the lines provided!!!
may it helped..!!!!!

Reaction score
for 6 marks question i think at least 3 points well defined and a example.and for 8 marks 4 to 5 points well defined with example.
in both question refer sociologist theories with example. and try not to write less than the lines provided!!!
may it helped..!!!!!
umm thankyouuu :)

Reaction score
Hey !! I will comp my syllabus !! That's no prob at awll !
But my only problem is that i haven't taken any tuition and iam really lacking confidence regarding how to get attempt the paper !!
I preferred the solved past papers but i heard that they might not be incorrect !!
I really want some (probably lots of tips and advices) abt how to attempt questions !!!!!!! :/
P.S Some few notes won't bother me !!!!!!

Reaction score
Hey !! I will comp my syllabus !! That's no prob at awll !
But my only problem is that i haven't taken any tuition and iam really lacking confidence regarding how to get attempt the paper !!
I preferred the solved past papers but i heard that they might not be incorrect !!
I really want some (probably lots of tips and advices) abt how to attempt questions !!!!!!! :/
P.S Some few notes won't bother me !!!!!!

read examiners report and compare ur answers with marking scheme rather than solved pastpaper.this is the way by which u could be satisfy ur self and have confidence in urself. and lets see wat other people suggest u ;) :)

Reaction score
I will appreciate a brief response on: Different theories of power: pluralist, Marxist, elite theory.

And i would like to know how to include them in questions.I just didnt seem to find it in Ken brownes book but its all over the past papers and syllabus

Thnx in advance :)

Reaction score
I will appreciate a brief response on: Different theories of power: pluralist, Marxist, elite theory.

And i would like to know how to include them in questions.I just didnt seem to find it in Ken brownes book but its all over the past papers and syllabus

Thnx in advance :)

ALL OF ANSWERS ARE AVAILABLE ON THE LINK BELOW I FOUND IT AFTER GOGGLING FOR AN HOUR http://husky1.stmarys.ca/~evanderveen/wvdv/political_sociology/political_sociological_theories.htm

LIKE IF U FIND IT USEFUL (y)

Reaction score
can someone inform me of the paper pattern? both p1 and p2? i have some old papers in which there are 10 questions of which u have to attempt any 4!

Reaction score
can someone inform me of the paper pattern? both p1 and p2? i have some old papers in which there are 10 questions of which u have to attempt any 4!

IN PAPER 1 THERE IS ONE COMPULSORY QUESTION ON SOCIOLOGICAL RESEARCH
AND OTHER SIX QUESTION FROM WHICH ANY THREE ARE TO BE ATTEMPTED.
IN PAPER2 THERE ARE EIGHT QUESTION FROM WHICH ANY THREE ARE TO BE ATTEMPTED.

Reaction score
Thnx :D for that.
One more thing i dont seem to understand is charismatic and bureaucratic forms of power, so if u could shed some light on that

Charismatic authority: Max Weber's term for power made legitimate by a leader's exceptional personal or emotional appeal to his or her followers.

Bureaucratic form : Bureaucracy is a component of formal organization in which rules and hierarchical ranking are used to achieve efficiency.a system for controlling or managing a country, company or organization that is operated by a large number of officials who are employed to follow rules carefully:

Reaction score
Hi people, I am planning to give sociology in OCT/NOV. I read the syllabus which says that there are only 3 grades: A,C and F. Does that mean you cannot get an A* or B???

Reaction score
Hi people, I am planning to give sociology in OCT/NOV. I read the syllabus which says that there are only 3 grades: A,C and F. Does that mean you cannot get an A* or B???
no absolutely not , its only to differentiate b/w the standard of grading therefore A* and B falls somewhere between the grading !!1