• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

sociology post your doubts here!!

Reaction score
Hi, could anybody help me regarding somethings related to sociology.I mean how to study it?I have created glossary of each chapter, which is mentioned in the syllabus of sociology.It is round about 90 pages.So is learning all the glossary enough or would I require notes too.I haven't done any past paper practice,so even if i haven't done,would learning the glossary or learning notes work out and i could give the paper easily? Secondly,could learning the glossary help me eliminate book reading of the book as i really don't have time for it because i have to appear in science subjects next session like physics,computer studies etc. So if notes are required!!,what should I do as I have no notes though I found 2 types of notes over here,one by tutor2u.net and one by 'Roots Helping Society" media fire and couldn't decide which is better to learn ,tutore2unet notes that are of 30 pages or notes by roots,Ebrahaim Bin Najam that are of 50 pages.So could anybody please answer my questions,I'm in dire need of help,anyways thanks for help. :)

Reaction score
the thing is sociology may seem difficult at first sight but IT IS ABSOLUTELY NOT. I had no guidance and only had about 3 weeks with 10 other subjects to study for it, so I devised my own strategy. Use Past Papers and that Ken Browne 4th Edition Book. They are the most comprehensive resources available. Do the compulsory chapters, doing every single definition and key point in the syllabus. The most important thing is that you need to quote relavent sociological theories in the long questions., i.e Marxist, Conformist, Pluralist etc. that enables you to get marks in the highest band. It is all logical thinking as questions keep on repeating. Just do the book and the past papers and you'll InshAllah succeed. I did all this and was able to get an A*.

Reaction score
People this is really stupid a question, but i have been studying sociology privately and i have some confusions about the paper pattern. Like can we answer ANY 3 questions from the remaining 6 in paper 1, after the compulsory one. So does this mean that it is possible to skip one complete section since we could do 3 out of 4 of the two sections we are doing.
Same goes for paper 2. Can we attempt ANY 4 from the 8 questions.
The paper is next week, my preparation is fine but i need to know this.
PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! help me.