• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

sociology post your doubts here!!

Reaction score
@yeshaa: Yes, you do sort of draw a conclusion. But give a neutral PoV. Do not simply write that you favour the Functionalists view or the Marxist view.

EmCool: HAHA. I forgot to mention that. There's a complete question on that which sometimes does have tricky parts!
As for doing the entire chapters, it really depends on you. If you prepare the 2 chapters well enough and are confident about them, don't waste time doing the others.
I did just 2 chapters for Paper 2; Family and Crime and I was totally dependent on them. But the paper was not that tough. You have ample time to think and write. The questions are just general views of society. However, I would still recommend that you do atleast one extra chapter for each Paper. You never know what the examiners might give you! So, better not to take risk! :D
@yeshaa: Yes, you do sort of draw a conclusion. But give a neutral PoV. Do not simply write that you favour the Functionalists view or the Marxist view.

EmCool: HAHA. I forgot to mention that. There's a complete question on that which sometimes does have tricky parts!
As for doing the entire chapters, it really depends on you. If you prepare the 2 chapters well enough and are confident about them, don't waste time doing the others.
I did just 2 chapters for Paper 2; Family and Crime and I was totally dependent on them. But the paper was not that tough. You have ample time to think and write. The questions are just general views of society. However, I would still recommend that you do atleast one extra chapter for each Paper. You never know what the examiners might give you! So, better not to take risk! :D

Hey guyz !! Got an A* in Socio so just wanted to thank you guyz for your help .
Really appreciate it. And ofcourse i will remember you guyz in my prayerz . :) :) (all of you) :D

Reaction score
if u ppl have any doubt or misconception or any queries post here
Please, I am giving socio in mayjune 2013. I have ken browne 2nd edition. Is it sufficient? And pls, people are saying that J.Blundell is the best. Please, I need help, browne or blundell? I really need 2 know.

Reaction score
Really appreciate it. And ofcourse i will remember you guyz in my prayerz . :) :) (all of you) :D

Which book did you study from?

Reaction score
How much time did it take u? And where can I find the book?

Reaction score
Go for Ken Browne . It is easily available at anyplace really.
I can't exactly tell you how much time it took me but i remember that i just read the book thoroughly first trying to figure what it was all about.
And just a month before my papers, i learned the important topics.

Reaction score
yar some term contain short explaination like monogamy nd it comes in the question paper of 2 marks so frm where i get these questions to memorize them {haris}

Reaction score
how do i manage to answer the question tht that strt with ... assess the view like this that stand in paper 2 at {d} of every question ?

Reaction score
Hello Friend...! I am appearing in CIE O Level Sociology this year. I just need your help. I don't know how to attempt 6 and 8 marks question. Please guys help me out.

Reaction score
Are any of you only doing 2 topics(Crime and Family, in my case) for P2? Should I prepare education aswell? And how many theories/sociologists are you guys referencing to in the 8 mark question? Please answer! Thanks :)

Reaction score
Go for Ken Browne . It is easily available at anyplace really.
I can't exactly tell you how much time it took me but i remember that i just read the book thoroughly first trying to figure what it was all about.
And just a month before my papers, i learned the important topics.

Hey man can you please tell me how many references to give in 6 and 8 mark questions? Also can you tell me if I need to remember the names of sociologists in the book?
For p1 I am doing power, culture and research methods
for p2 i am doing mass media, family and education
is that ok?
Thanks in advance

Reaction score
Hello,
I just wanted to know how to attempt 6 and 8 marks question? And are solved past papers available of sociology?

Reaction score
Hello, i am new to sociology. i had one query. In Paper 1 are we suppose to answer any 3 questions from section B to D or are we suppose to answer one question from each section?

Reaction score
My A.levels complete P1,P2 And P3 solved pastpapers will also soon available.....do not hesitate to ask any questions...Ths my no ...03216512462,,.....Muhammad Hadi
Can you tell that whether we are allowed to exceed the lines given to answer the question in O Levels Sociology? :/

Reaction score
Can you tell that whether we are allowed to exceed the lines given to answer the question in O Levels Sociology? :/

You should try not to exceed the lines because the examiner has already set more than sufficient space for a quality answer. But if you want to add one or two lines, you can do so. There won't be any penalization.

Reaction score
Is it necessary to read all theories of karl max and others if yes can you ppl give me the link from where i could get these theories :)