• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Sociology Thread

Reaction score
Guess who's not going to be getting any sleep tonight. ._.; I knew it'd be a bad idea leaving everything till the end. :sleep:

Reaction score
Also, how would you define informal education? Education that is taught by parents or other adults in traditional societies, or education that is taught outside the school curriculum (hidden curriculum)? :/

Reaction score
Also, how would you define informal education? Education that is taught by parents or other adults in traditional societies, or education that is taught outside the school curriculum (hidden curriculum)? :/

the learning of skills and practical knowledge that is acquired through the interaction with other people in everyday life. It is not organised or examined.
From the mark scheme ^^

Reaction score
Can someone please answer the following questions? I need perfect answers, just imagine you're solving it for the exam.

1- Explain why subject choice is still often influenced by gender? (6 marks)
2- How social control is maintained in small scale tribal societies? (6 marks)
3- To what extent are boys and girls treated differently within the education system? (8 marks)

answer those please

Reaction score
the learning of skills and practical knowledge that is acquired through the interaction with other people in everyday life. It is not organised or examined.
From the mark scheme ^^

Ah, okay, thanks. :)

answer those please

I haven't actually finished going through the chapter yet, so I don't really know. ^-^; I'll try to answer them later though.

Reaction score
Can someone please answer the following questions? I need perfect answers, just imagine you're solving it for the exam.

1- Explain why subject choice is still often influenced by gender? (6 marks)
2- How social control is maintained in small scale tribal societies? (6 marks)
3- To what extent are boys and girls treated differently within the education system? (8 marks)

1- I'm not sure. :unsure:
3-
  • Teachers may pay more attention to boys as they're more likely to end up with high-paying jobs.
  • Older textbooks and other reading materials are sexist, often stereotype girls or ignore them.
  • Teachers may encourage boys to be problem solvers by asking them more difficult questions than they ask girls.
  • However, due to more schools & teachers becoming more aware of gender issues, they are now attempting to ensure that both boys and girls are given equal opportunities and treated the same.
Sorry I didn't develop these further, I know you said to imagine i'm solving an exam, but it's 3am. ._. I don't think you would find it too difficult developing them yourself though. c: Just give examples, explain further, etc. It'd be a good idea to mention feminists somewhere as well, mentioning a theory in an 8-mark question can gain you 1 or 2 easy marks, I believe. ^-^