• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Sociology

Reaction score
Give it a layman shot then x3
file.gif

Reaction score
I say YES race is a social construct. As there is only one race and that is the human race . Race is a disntict population in the same species . Such as difference between there genetics. All human beings are homosapiens - specie. However, as there are people all over the globe with different skin colours and other physical apperances , they are made different form one human category to another. But now this topic is scientifically dubious , as it has been proven that skin colours can change over generations due to enviromental conditions. So , it is only the people who have created this phenomena as there is no such evidence to back it up .

Reaction score
I say YES race is a social construct. As there is only one race and that is the human race . Race is a disntict population in the same species . Such as difference between there genetics. All human beings are homosapiens - specie. However, as there are people all over the globe with different skin colours and other physical apperances , they are made different form one human category to another. But now this topic is scientifically dubious , as it has been proven that skin colours can change over generations due to enviromental conditions. So , it is only the people who have created this phenomena as there is no such evidence to back it up .
What meaning of "social construction" did you hold in mind while answering the question?

Reaction score
  1. Social construction is something you might not be aware of. You are somewhat living in segregation depending on what gender, race and class you are. Race, class and gender don't really mean anything. They only have a meaning because society gives them a meaning.

Reaction score
Its oka. I am an Alevel sociology student and social construction is a term used in it. Therefore , i know :)

Reaction score
Yap but to be honest this word is a general one and it is helpfull at times, so there is a good word awaiting to be included in ur vocab , hope it gets there ! :)

Reaction score
In my opinion it is not. Although RASuLLAH's last sermon included the words that everyone is equal but we do prefer some people over others because they exist like that in nature. We cannot define the way we are born in the world..

Reaction score
In my opinion it is not. Although RASuLLAH's last sermon included the words that everyone is equal but we do prefer some people over others because they exist like that in nature. We cannot define the way we are born in the world..
I guess so , according to Islam everyone is equal and that is why men of all colours and class stand together in a row during prayers .