• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Some info for Phy 33

Reaction score
For Phy 33, people have been saying that the 1st question will be related to oil viscosity and the 2nd one will be related to diode.
Well i found these questions in the past papers related to these 2 practicals. U shud check them out.
For Oil viscosity
9702_s07_qp5 Q.1
Also some detail is present in the Teaching Practical Skill for AS level available at xtremepapers as nos_ something
For Diode (including LED)
s08_qp31 Q2
w03_qp5 Q1
Hope u find this helpful.

Reaction score
No problem. Hey previously I had written w08 for the diode practical, it was w03_qp5 Q1 sorry. Ive edited the post now.

Reaction score
No, thats all i know, and this is all based on princesszahra's prediction for p33 physics. Her predictions for bio33 and chem33 were great so there a good chance that they'll be right for phy 33 as well.

Reaction score
From the viscosity question:

Measure the (constant) distance fallen (constant time) and show how v is calculated.

Evidence that ball has reached terminal velocity (e.g. starting mark well below surface of oil)

What does this mean? How will we find out when the ball has reached terminal velocity?

Reaction score
kugs said:
From the viscosity question:

Measure the (constant) distance fallen (constant time) and show how v is calculated.

Evidence that ball has reached terminal velocity (e.g. starting mark well below surface of oil)

What does this mean? How will we find out when the ball has reached terminal velocity?

As we have marked equidistant points on the cylinder so if the ball takes the same time to cross 2 successive marks then it means it has reached terminal velocity which will be given by
[distance between marks/time taken to cover distance between 2 marks].

Reaction score
Well you can say that Terminal Velocity in this experiment is more like Average Speed. How do you find Average Speed? You the Total Distance covered by Total Time taken.