• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Some interesting History questions?

Reaction score
Firstly, before I begin, I just wanted to ask if leaving 'Section 3' would be a good idea? Because I plan to do upto 1950, and attempt the first three questions, as I know I will be able to better learn the first two sections, rather than having to study all three.

Secondly, If you've got a comprehensive answer to these questions below please post them here :D.

1. Why were the British (EIC) interested in India? [7]

P.S. [I checked the Marking Key answers for these, and they don't seem as satisfactory]

2. Give an account of the annexations of Punjab, Sindh, and NWFP. [14]

Another question that appeared in my mock:

Q: Who was Titu Mir? [4]

Thanks.

Reaction score
Well yes yes yes everyone is here.about the first question on Sec 3 its up too u man if u think u can doo all the SEC 1 and 2 totally then do soo.But its a risk try doing the ministries up too ZIA it qould be better and well ill do up till the ministries of ZIA and a couple of relations.But this is a risk if by chance the paper does not come as u think then u r doomed mate soo think wisely time is short so just doo a little more ministries leave out relations and Bhutto and Sharif and not ZA bhutto btw Benazir Bhutto.

Well for sec 2.Ill give u points elaborate them or if u cannot then ill do if u ask,ill provide u wiith reasons.
1.The EIC were given trading rights so they were bound to trade somewhere,they tried luck in Indonesia but Dutch already there so they come to INDIA.
2.The previous Europeans like Vasco de Gama and others reported immense wealth in the sub continent so British wanted this wealth and before any other European country and they wanted to be best in Europe.
3.India was rich in spices,jewellery and other crops not grown in Britain so it was also a place where they could trade.
4.The presence of an all season port attracted the EIC further as it was not far away from britain if SUez canal route was used.
5.the Geogrophical location of INDIA attracted EIC further as it could trade with China and other countries as well.
6.They believed if they did not go there then other countries in Europe will.
7.It can also be said that they came here because they were tired of COLD CLIMATE of Britain. ( a partial reason) :p

And for the Q on annexation u have too tell how it happened,tell me which book u use,i might be able to tell u where this is its written clearly there well ill tell u some points if u still dont know,So tell me ur book which u use.

Well Titu Mir or Mir Mirthar Ali was a person who was influenced by SASB,and after the death of HSUs son Titu mir started a movement similar to HSUs movement in his movement people were called hajis who were following his movement and he helped a lot of farmers dispose of taxes which were imposed on them like the tax on beards etc. His resisted Hindu land lords who had made Muslims peassants and poor,and fought to restore their rights against the British and the Hindu tribal leaders.

Reaction score
Okay man thanks alot.
As for the sutdying, I think will be going for a bit of reading through Section 3.
I'll do a few of the important topics.

And secondly, I use Nigel Kelly the New Edition for History, and I combine it with the marking keys and my sir's notes.

Reaction score
n secondly..................titu mir is not in the syllabus for 2011
:p

n y u use ur sir's note?????? itz better n can be lot helpful if u just make up ur own....according to me makin notez is 50% preparation...................
:/

Reaction score
Sorry, I meant to say that I combined my sir's notes, marking schemes, and 'Nigel Kelly's' books in order to make my own notes. And yes, I heavily agree with the fact that making your own notes is 50% preparation :p.
I, myself have experienced it with Islamiat.