• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Statistics Paper 62 AND ITS gt!

Reaction score
Can you guys tell me what a GT is? I feel lost. lol

Is it possible to get a D with these scores?

P1: 50/75
P3: 30/75
M1: 20/50
S1: 20/50

Reaction score
Can you guys tell me what a GT is? I feel lost. lol

Is it possible to get a D with these scores?

P1: 50/75
P3: 30/75
M1: 20/50
S1: 20/50
GT stands for Grade Threshold which is the minimum marks required for a grade e.g the GT for maths november 11 paper 62 for an A was 33 out of 50 i.e at least 33 marks are required for grade A in paper 62.........:)

Reaction score
GT stands for Grade Threshold which is the minimum marks required for a grade e.g the GT for maths november 11 paper 62 for an A was 33 out of 50 i.e at least 33 marks are required for grade A in paper 62.........:)
Thanks!
What is the GT that people usually refer to when they mention numbers on this forum?
Does that mean it's still possible for me to get a D?!

Reaction score
Thanks!
What is the GT that people usually refer to when they mention numbers on this forum?
Does that mean it's still possible for me to get a D?!
the numbers mentioned are the minimum marks required to get the highest grade i.e an A.......(y)

Reaction score
MAN THIS PAPER WAS DIFFICULT! REALLY DIFFICULT THAN PAST YEARS
the october november 2011 paper 62 had grade threshold only 33 for A and this paper was really simple! it will be around 31-35 for A!
IM GONNA GET 50/50..............100% GUARANTEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THIS PAPER WAS SOOOOOOO EASY...........JUST LIKE THE PREVIOUS PAST PAPERS!!!!!
WAS SCARED OF PERMUTATIONS/COMBINATIONS QUESTIONS BUT EASY ONE CAME, I NAILED IT!!!
13 MARKS FOR PROBABILITY DISTRIBUTION?????????? WHY WOULDN'T I GET 50?

Reaction score
paper was relatively very easy :) but i did two dumb mistakes maximum4 marks gone :( but MA overall good :D but GT for paper might be in mid thirties :)

Reaction score
paper was relatively very easy :) but i did two dumb mistakes maximum4 marks gone :( but MA overall good :D but GT for paper might be in mid thirties :)
dude........if everyone did the paper really well even though it was tough the GT would remain at 40........thats what i think.......

Reaction score
dude........if everyone did the paper really well even though it was tough the GT would remain at 40........thats what i think.......
the paper was confusing and lengthy even though they could be solved with logic! if some people did it really well doesnt mean that the GT would soar high! many have ruined it and even you may succumb to simple mistakes so it would be around mid 30s! thank you for your concern :D

Reaction score
what was all of your answers to question 1<the one with summation(x - mean)^2> and 2<the one with the probability distribution table>??
1. here my answer was 5500 (something like this)
2. i. here my answers were 0.42,0.48 and 0.1
ii. this one was a bit confusing but i got the answer to be 5 (the value of n)

Reaction score
what was all of your answers to question 1<the one with summation(x - mean)^2> and 2<the one with the probability distribution table>??

i dont remember any answers all you had to do was calculate mean and standard deviation and than use the second formula of standard deviation to find X-Xbar whole square.......and to calculate n you had to use natural log .....

Reaction score
i dont remember any answers all you had to do was calculate mean and standard deviation and than use the second formula of standard deviation to find X-Xbar whole square.......and to calculate n you had to use natural log .....
yeah that was it!!

Reaction score

for the first one the answer was 5514
second i dunno i cudnt do that one and for the third according to me it was 21.5 < n which can be said n is 22 so yea :)

Reaction score
for the first one the answer was 5514
second i dunno i cudnt do that one and for the third according to me it was 21.5 < n which can be said n is 22 so yea :)
yeah i found out that the one with the quesstion with n! i did just the opposite way

Reaction score
Why is everyone so obsessed with the GT? We don't how the exam went for everyone around the world, and that is what the GT depends on!

Why can't y'all just leave it be, and be happy that the exam is done with? :p
That's more like it! Stop living in the past.....but I think it really is hard for those who didnt do well to forget the past!

Reaction score
Why is everyone so obsessed with the GT? We don't how the exam went for everyone around the world, and that is what the GT depends on!

Why can't y'all just leave it be, and be happy that the exam is done with? :p
its good to know what i have done ! actually helps my brain shut up :ROFLMAO: