• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

statistics problematic questions

Reaction score
i hv done past papers frm 1993 till 09 4 times and im proud but still nervous. damn it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
007 p1 Q9 (iv)
The question says two thing. One the two persons are male and second both the males have throbosis. Analyse the information given:
Total number of patients: 110
Total number of males with thrombosis: 10
The probability of a male having thrombosis: 10/110.. Since one patient has been chosen the remaining total number of patients is less by 1. so What is the probability of the second patient being a male with thrombosis? = 9/109 multiply the both probabilities to get the answer= 10/110*9/109=9/1199.

Q10 (iii)
Ans: The death rate for each group in Brownsville is lower then the death rate in each group in Greentown.

Reaction score
birnamz said:
i hv done past papers frm 1993 till 09 4 times and im proud but still nervous. damn it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't be. Just make sure you know how to solve each and every question from 2002 onwards. Don't miss any question. There is no reason to be tensed if you have solved each of these questions. Chill and relax. You don't need last minute preparation for statistics. So just chill. Study some other subject you are appearing for this session, in case you are. :)

Reaction score
Thnx Hamid Ali
Could any body confirm me the ans for 2008 p1 Q1
(i) Systematic
(ii) Random
(iii) Stratified Random
(iv) Stratified

Also Q9 (Vi) (b) of the same paper, also provide the reason thnx

Reaction score
Pls answer this( Q1/P2/2006)

Awhite dice and a blue dice are thrown.Each dice is unbiased and has faces 1 2 3 4 5 6 .Events A b c d are defined
A 3 is scored on white dice
B 3 is scored on the blue dice
C 3 is scord on both dice
D 4 is scored on both dice

Qs 1)
1)Name two of these events which are mutually exclusive?
2)Name two of these events which r independent?

Reaction score
SAUD ASLAM said:
Pls answer this( Q1/P2/2006)

Awhite dice and a blue dice are thrown.Each dice is unbiased and has faces 1 2 3 4 5 6 .Events A b c d are defined
A 3 is scored on white dice
B 3 is scored on the blue dice
C 3 is scord on both dice
D 4 is scored on both dice

Qs 1)
1)Name two of these events which are mutually exclusive?
2)Name two of these events which r independent?
I think the ans for 1 is C and D
and for 2 is A and B.Am i right?

Yes Saud u r right..b/c
Either C will occur or either D will occur at a time.both will not occur at the same time so they r mutually exclusive.
Events A and B will occur at the same time as we r rolling a white and a blue dice so they r independent..

Reaction score
aaakhtar19 said:
Thnx Hamid Ali
Could any body confirm me the ans for 2008 p1 Q1
(i) Systematic
(ii) Random
(iii) Stratified Random
(iv) Stratified

Also Q9 (Vi) (b) of the same paper, also provide the reason thnx

third is quota sampling and not stratified... Since a quota of boys and girls have been given to be selected..

Q9 (vi) (b) The standardised death rate will remain the same. The people just moved to a different city. And the standard population gives the percentage for each group for BOTH cities together, hence, even after the movement the Standard population will stay the same so does the the Standardised death rate.

Hope this helped :)

Reaction score
Muhammad Talha said:
Please explain this Qs:11(vi and vii) of Nov 2008/P1 and Qs:7 of Nov 2009/P2

Q11 vi) and vii) F is the point because it is the point that doesnt follow the trend.
To make the line just tilt it a little bit away from the point ignored. :)

Don't have the 2009 paper since I appeared in it.

Reaction score
Is there any one who has solved the Specimen paper for 2009
i hv heard that its really imp for 2010...........

If any one has solved it please contact me i wanna compare my ans..
thnx

Reaction score
hey dude u r right thnx vry much u saved my time
may u get A* in Stat particularly do prepare for me

i have solved 2006-2009 if u hv any query ergarding them
pls let me know.?
Regards

Reaction score
november p2 q3

Part (i) Yar they have asked about the particular student from the 100 students. The 100 students are chosen from 4 groups so one student can only be from one out of the four groups. So the particular student will have a probability of 1/4.

Part (ii) They say the total students frm each group are 25. And the total number of student in group D is 112. So the one particular student of group D chosen will be 25/112.

Part (iii) This is simple. Even though the group C and D have comparitively more students but their representaion is less.

Part (iv) Yar this is the simple ratio question. Take the ratios of each of the groups. Divide the number of students in group by the total and multiply by 100 (The number to be chosen)

Students in A= 88/400*100=22
Students in B= 96/400*100=24
Students in C= 104/400*100=26
Students in D= 112/400*100=28

Yar i dont have the 1999 paper since I never used the waris baig book. I prefer doing the past papers with examiner reports and marking schemes available online on sites such as xtremepapers.

You can make a new thread. Or you may ask the questions of Addmaths here. Addmaths used to be my favourite subject in Olevels. I ll try my best to help u as much as i can. :)
Dude o_O Can you please try and solve Question 3 of 1993's Statistics Paper 2? Please? And explain it as well. I can get the answers but I really don't understand the logic behind them.