• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

statistics

Reaction score
guys i want to take stats this november............can anyone tell me that how long it takes to complete the syllabus of stats?? is there any need of taking tuitions??? are there greater chances of getting an a star in stats??

Reaction score
Ans 1: around 2-3 months easily
A2:Well Tution might b necessary because there r no book available in pak whic gave detail syllabus of stats and further more they will give u some tips and tricks
A3:from last 2 years the paper of stats is coming very difficult and there r lots of my friend who got b,c even U.So A* or even A is not confirmed

Reaction score
well i toook only 2 months and got A* last November I only did reading from book and obviously with a teacher but questions only of past papers from 1999-2008!!

Reaction score
a teacher is necessary coz books are not good and from the last 2 years paper has been tough but marking has been easy as well no need to worry!!

Reaction score
altough the paper is coming very tough from the last 2 years but dont forget that a large percentage of people got A/A* in it that is because percentile drops if paper is tough, secondly i would also recomend a teacher for stat's as it cant be done at home alone and would be better if you practise it under a supervision of a teacher and 2, 3 months would be enough for it .
BEST OF LUCK :)

Reaction score
I gave the statistics paper last in november of '09 ( last session ) and without doubt I'd say it was the toughest paper of Statistics yet. The thing is they have implemented a new system in the exam in that you have to answer on the exam paper now not in a booklet and they have notched up the difficulty level.However, due to the paper being so difficult last time, I think this time it will be a bit easier. A teacher is a must for the examination because all the books available have a lot of errors ( I had 3 from which I prepared plus the past papers books ). Reading the examiner reports is the MOST crucial because there are many questions requiring comments not present in any books, reading those reports will give you a grasp of what the examiners are looking for.Past papers is the most important thing for the subject in my opinion. I mostly did those past papers and read through the examiner reports and I have scored A* in my exam.
Good luck.

Reaction score
Statistics GCSE for AQA by jayne kranat.
Take past papers of abdul waris(but it had many errors)
statistics by Zaheer Baig(also had many errors.)
Use examiner report and marking scheme

Reaction score
but the books suggested in the syllabus are different???are they not available in pakistan???

Reaction score
No marking schemes for statistics have been published until the 2009 paper. You can check for the answers in examiner reports.