• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Stats 1 Preparation

Reaction score
never mind
some boards do it this way like edexcel and others
but in cambrige we take the half which would be 45

Reaction score
ahmed t said:
wat are u taking about??
I think he means Normal distribution probabilities.
Its 68% - 95 % - 99.9% regarding mean + 1.S.D, Mean +2 S.D, Mean + 3 S.D respectively

Reaction score
In normal distribution they sometimes ask us probability of mean+s.d and others mentioned above directly without giving any values..

Reaction score
m2rulz143 said:
In normal distribution they sometimes ask us probability of mean+s.d and others mentioned above directly without giving any values..
Interquartile its is 0.75 (75%)
while for others i have already listed
Remember the 68-95-99.99% rule

Reaction score
remz said:
ahmed t said:
wat are u taking about??
I think he means Normal distribution probabilities.
Its 68% - 95 % - 99.9% regarding mean + 1.S.D, Mean +2 S.D, Mean + 3 S.D respectively

So for mean+s.d = 0.68
mean+2s.d = 0.95
Mean +3s.d =0.99 thanks ..

Reaction score
so dont i
if u use the table in the data booklet and find it out they are not the same

Reaction score
remz said:
m2rulz143 said:

What is this 68-95-99.99%???

Reaction score
zwitterion7 said:
remz said:
m2rulz143 said:

What is this 68-95-99.99%???
Its like within one standard deviation, 68% of the values are within this range or 0.68. Within two standard deviations, its 95% of the date (values) or 0.95 and then within three SD its 99.99% or 0.99

Reaction score
For those who are still lost and confused with stats, open the solved papers and do them. It would really be a huge help at this point and basically the only thing which you can do, because trying to do a paper with no concepts at all is pretty useless. More helpful would be if you look at the solutions and memorize them because personally i feel all the questions are alike once you get hang of the method, its pretty much similar for all.

Reaction score
Two events are mutually exclusive if:
P(A and B) = 0

For two independent events:
P(A and B)=P(A) X P(B)