• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Stats Paper Discussion

Reaction score
adnanj said:
Saad Qadir said:
Adnani the IQR had to be taken with 88 and not 99 and they even asked a reason why adding those 11 wud not affect the IQR and da answer to dat was dat both lower quartile and upper quartile were larger than 11...
So it had to be 88...

yes u r right with the fact that as they were in limits so it won't affect.. but then they said that using ' THIS ' find the intrequartile which means they r asking to take 99...
What was written after "using This"

Reaction score
SAUD ASLAM said:
adnanj said:
Saad Qadir said:
Adnani the IQR had to be taken with 88 and not 99 and they even asked a reason why adding those 11 wud not affect the IQR and da answer to dat was dat both lower quartile and upper quartile were larger than 11...
So it had to be 88...

yes u r right with the fact that as they were in limits so it won't affect.. but then they said that using ' THIS ' find the intrequartile which means they r asking to take 99...
What was written after "using This"

don't remember what was written.. but as far as i understood frm the question was that we need to take 99 as there were other people as well and IQ gives u the central 50% of the data.

Reaction score
i have never seen such a difficult paper since 1992.. it was the most difficult paper.. even 2009's paper was easy..

Reaction score
The Qs regarding time series in which we had to make second line of travelling through bus.Then the next answer was from the intersecting of that two lines.Did we have to use x-axis or y -axis to answer that part?

Reaction score
Dude it had to be da same sequence for 61 and above which was being followed above otherwise...Whoc an tell wats da value ov above...:O...
btw i left dat q10 on choice:D

Reaction score
SAUD ASLAM said:
The Qs regarding time series in which we had to make second line of travelling through bus.Then the next answer was from the intersecting of that two lines.Did we have to use x-axis or y -axis to answer that part?

Saud i think that we have to use the y-axis to answer the question...not totally sure but 75% sure that we have to use y-axis.... :|

Reaction score
below 10.
10 - 20
20 - 30
30 - 40
40 - 60
60 and above.
60 n above mid point wAS WHAT........This is the question tell me ur answers or reviews

Reaction score
SAUD ASLAM said:

we had to take the value of x axis.. which was i guess 65 days.

Reaction score
adnanj said:
SAUD ASLAM said:

we had to take the value of x axis.. which was i guess 65 days.
For sure?Did u remember the qs?

Reaction score
yes the question adked to tell the no. of days for which he had to pay the same amount.. i mean the cost.. and it was 65 days

Reaction score
Q5 was not that difficult and Q6 was easy u just had to make ur own f and x in which the mode was larger then the mean and then plot it on the graph same goes with the rest parts and we had to take 88 because the Qs said that why if we add 11 the IQ will not change and then show the IQ which will be the same even when u take 99

Reaction score
ahmad sadiq said:
Q5 was not that difficult and Q6 was easy u just had to make ur own f and x in which the mode was larger then the mean and then plot it on the graph same goes with the rest parts and we had to take 88 because the Qs said that why if we add 11 the IQ will not change and then show the IQ which will be the same even when u take 99
What u trying to say that 88 was required or 99?

Reaction score
IAm more than just sure that 99 was required

bcoz in question it was wriiten find this interquartile and the preceeding question to this was the one which required reason so why the hell would cie write 'this' if they meant 88

Reaction score
below 10.
10 - 20
20 - 30
30 - 40
40 - 60
60 and above. in this ques
u had to find the mean and sd of x or u had to find the scaled mean taking walue of x

Reaction score
saad155 said:
IAm more than just sure that 99 was required

bcoz in question it was wriiten find this interquartile and the preceeding question to this was the one which required reason so why the hell would cie write 'this' if they meant 88
u know Why da hell they wud write dis??
Coz candidates get confused..
Dude there was another question dat why dould not the IQR wud'nt be affected even if we included those 11 failing students..

So wat does this prroves??