• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Stats Paper Discussion

Reaction score
have sincere faith in Allah n 4get how statx ppr-1 went.......dix realy workx n inshAllah v all r gona end up vid n A*......
Ameen.......
n i m sure ppr-2 is gona a easy.......inshAllah

Reaction score
qs 5 was tough but i was able to do it ..in qs 6i) we had to make a curve slanted on the right and in ii) a symmetrical curve showing equal mean, median and mode..
the upper limit was to be 100

Reaction score
We had to use 99 as the value in the question regarding quartiles, cause he firstly asked ,that would it still be possible to calculate the inter quartiles etc, and the answer was yes , then he asked calculate THIS one! so we had to use 99
Over all the paper went well :D , not too hard, but Q6 was way hard :/ i think i got 2 out of 6 :D and Q5 was pretty confusing but kar liya tha !
Rest were good, btw any one knows a site which has mark schemes for papers from 2005 - 2009? :(

Reaction score
Oh btw people , Its predicted that Historigrams will definetly come , but dont know in which form , :eek: , probability will obviously come , but in 2-4 questions , and thats gonna be hard :(
Also Sampling :)

Reaction score
Nai it Was Very easy compared to Pppr 1..
But it was jus dat Q6 againnnn:mad::mad::mad:..
Expected valur wala...
Both da pprs Q6 was lyk hell...
So 6 is lyk da unclukiest numba fr me..=(

Reaction score
can anybody tell what was the fair stake in Q.6
my ans was $3.44 <0.2*10+0.8*0.2*5+0.8*0.8*0.2*5>

Also tell me that if som1 attempted all of the 5 questions in Section B
Then what would be the examiners policy......

Reaction score
Saad Qadir said:
Nai it Was Very easy compared to Pppr 1..
But it was jus dat Q6 againnnn:mad::mad::mad:..
Expected valur wala...
Both da pprs Q6 was lyk hell...
So 6 is lyk da unclukiest numba fr me..=(

expected value was very easy..

Reaction score
what were the values to be written in q.2 paper 2..upper class and lower class limits ?

Reaction score
There were 3 diff values for 3 diff condition..
One was 5-9...
One was 4.5 -9.5...
And the other was 5-10..
These are not in sequence i think coz i dunt really remember da conditions..

Reaction score
yar in Q 6 the probability of dart hitting the target on any throw is 0.2 so every throw i.e first second or third was to have the same probability.... i.e 0.067 each.............

my expected value was $ 1.34................is anyone dere who has got the same answer??

is this correct?

Reaction score
vishal kumar said:
yar in Q 6 the probability of dart hitting the target on any throw is 0.2 so every throw i.e first second or third was to have the same probability.... i.e 0.067 each.............

my expected value was $ 1.34................is anyone dere who has got the same answer??

is this correct?
He will only hit the target in second throw if he missed the first one.so probablity of missing was 0.8

Reaction score
Saad Qadir said:
There were 3 diff values for 3 diff condition..
One was 5-9...
One was 4.5 -9.5...
And the other was 5-10..
These are not in sequence i think coz i dunt really remember da conditions..

kia hogya hai bhai? we had to write the limits for the 60-under 70 class..how can these answers come there?
and the expected value was $3.44
the probability of hitting in the first,second and third were= 0.2, 0.16, 0.128
and did any one attempt the probability question in sec B?

Reaction score
Yar i was telling u abut a section b question...wo aese hi solve hona tha...
Btw ur expected value is correct..

Reaction score
ok...and what was your answer to q.2 of this paper..no one seems to have understood this question and just guessed the answers.

Reaction score
Yar i told ya na i dunt remember da valuess but isi format mein ani thi..iska eik question bhi hai P.P's mein