• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

study strategies

Reaction score
i joined A level already 4 months. but my academic result was just so so..
So, i'm here to ask how did you guys study?
i really need some ideas to improve the way i study.

OH!
especially biology. how to improve?
like you study every single day?
or maybe you have some other better ways to study?

please share. thanks a lot! i really need some ideas how to study.

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Assalamoalaikum! :)

Well I'm in the final year of A level..and biology had been a trouble for me too...though my marks were ok, but yet i never could be confident about bio! :/

But, now, by Allah's Grace, I've found a very good way of studying bio!

Use Mary Jones textbook...Read the whole chapter, and make sure you understand it well...check if you've covered all the points in the syllabus..solve all the questions in the pastpapers of the topics, with the help of markschemes and examiner reports, which'll guide you how to answer and let you know what examiners are actually looking for..then finally make your notes. Making notes after doing pastpapers is what i recently found out to be a better way as after doing pastpapers you get an idea what type of questions come, and what the examiners expect, and what part you got to focus more....

This helped me...it's yet not too late for you...I was a bit late to realize this..but inshaAllah..I'm working on it and hope that bio will become easy after this! ;)

Reaction score
XPFMember said:
Assalamoalaikum! :)

Well I'm in the final year of A level..and biology had been a trouble for me too...though my marks were ok, but yet i never could be confident about bio! :/

But, now, by Allah's Grace, I've found a very good way of studying bio!

Use Mary Jones textbook...Read the whole chapter, and make sure you understand it well...check if you've covered all the points in the syllabus..solve all the questions in the pastpapers of the topics, with the help of markschemes and examiner reports, which'll guide you how to answer and let you know what examiners are actually looking for..then finally make your notes. Making notes after doing pastpapers is what i recently found out to be a better way as after doing pastpapers you get an idea what type of questions come, and what the examiners expect, and what part you got to focus more....

This helped me...it's yet not too late for you...I was a bit late to realize this..but inshaAllah..I'm working on it and hope that bio will become easy after this! ;)

yea. usually i refer back to the mary jones textbook too. but sometime i don't do well in class test. i don't know is it that i don't understand the questions or i don't understand that chapter. sigh. :(
sorta sad seeing my result dropped from IGCSE till now, class tests. :(

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Do you have the Hodder Education Revision Guide?