• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Subject Combination?

Reaction score
I just finished my O'levels with Pure Sciences, Computers and Add.Maths.
I had decided to choose Physics, Chemistry and Maths as my subjects.
But my interviewer at The City School, PAF Chapter, suggested I take a fourth one too.
I don't want to overburden myself, so I don't prefer Computers, Any suggestions?

Moi

Reaction score
take AICT....took it this year and did m/j session...trust me..the easiest subject u can take......am not saying its easy...it is a bit time consuming for memorization parts...but once u understand the whole chiz ..the exam will be easy.....i took Physics Biology And AICT this year...i honestly feel that my only hope of getting a single A is through AICT :)

Jaf

Reaction score
Biology - even if you're not aiming for health-related careers. Believe me, all major universities in the States prefer you take Biology in High School even if you're apply for something like Mechanical Engineering. It widens your scope. But it's not that easy. If you absolutely can not take Biology (no interest at all), you can go with Economics. It's easy and useful in almost any career you choose to pursue.

Reaction score
A Level Computing is the easiest subject ever. I didn't have O Level Computers and decided to take A Level Computing, just for the sake of it. It's very easy, easily doable (for the first year) in a month and a half (I know I did!) and I did it from scratch, you'll have the advantage of having a base learning since you took it at Olevels.

You could also opt for Sociology or Business (to have a diverse range of subjects as this diversity is preferred in foreign uni's). Law is a good option too but I for one found it super boring.

I dunno if Jaf took Econ at A Levels or not, but I, for one, found it way tougher than O level Econ. It requires a lot more effort and is exponentially toughened. The questions aren't so easy anymore and you really need to have an aptitude for Econ to handle it at A Levels. (again, it's not the walk in the park as was the case in O Level Econ. Nonetheless, if you work hard, oyu can easily do it. However, if you don't want to overburden yourself, take Computing or Business.

For Biology, Jaf is right; it puts a good impression on your CV, but I didn't take Biology post O' Levels. Loathed every second of the subject in O Levels so didn't try to bother with it at A. My Medical friends say it's not as easy, but, they say, it's easier than Chem (P4 esp)

Good Luck!

P.S: I'll suggest you take the 4th subject at A Levels. If you absolutely cannot handle it, you could always drop it!

Reaction score
take AICT....took it this year and did m/j session...trust me..the easiest subject u can take......am not saying its easy...it is a bit time consuming for memorization parts...but once u understand the whole chiz ..the exam will be easy.....i took Physics Biology And AICT this year...i honestly feel that my only hope of getting a single A is through AICT :)

Is AICT A'levels ICT? Because I'm not sure if I have it here, matlab in the college I'm going to.

Reaction score
Biology - even if you're not aiming for health-related careers. Believe me, all major universities in the States prefer you take Biology in High School even if you're apply for something like Mechanical Engineering. It widens your scope. But it's not that easy. If you absolutely can not take Biology (no interest at all), you can go with Economics. It's easy and useful in almost any career you choose to pursue.
Biology? Seems hard, I have never been on that side, After some discussions with my friends, I think I've decided to go for Graphic Designing.
That'll also help further away. :)

Reaction score
A Level Computing is the easiest subject ever. I didn't have O Level Computers and decided to take A Level Computing, just for the sake of it. It's very easy, easily doable (for the first year) in a month and a half (I know I did!) and I did it from scratch, you'll have the advantage of having a base learning since you took it at Olevels.

You could also opt for Sociology or Business (to have a diverse range of subjects as this diversity is preferred in foreign uni's). Law is a good option too but I for one found it super boring.

I dunno if Jaf took Econ at A Levels or not, but I, for one, found it way tougher than O level Econ. It requires a lot more effort and is exponentially toughened. The questions aren't so easy anymore and you really need to have an aptitude for Econ to handle it at A Levels. (again, it's not the walk in the park as was the case in O Level Econ. Nonetheless, if you work hard, oyu can easily do it. However, if you don't want to overburden yourself, take Computing or Business.

For Biology, Jaf is right; it puts a good impression on your CV, but I didn't take Biology post O' Levels. Loathed every second of the subject in O Levels so didn't try to bother with it at A. My Medical friends say it's not as easy, but, they say, it's easier than Chem (P4 esp)

Good Luck!

P.S: I'll suggest you take the 4th subject at A Levels. If you absolutely cannot handle it, you could always drop it!

Good Luck!

Thank You for all the Cooperation, I've really put my head in the matter, and till now I've decided I'll take Graphic Designing as my 4th Major Subject. :)
I'll definitely get to you again if need be.

Reaction score
Thank You for all the Cooperation, I've really put my head in the matter, and till now I've decided I'll take Graphic Designing as my 4th Major Subject. :)
I'll definitely get to you again if need be.

Good Luck!

That's one thing I've really really wanted to learn all my life but couldn't put the time and effort into it.
Some day...