• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Subject Experience (HELP)

Reaction score
My Grade in ICT and Biology was B
so Im taking them in AS level
I got C in physics and English
I want to go for radiology
what three subjects I should take?
Should I take physics(but I took core) so its gonna be very hard work to catchup
or English language but I got C when I thought I would get A* so I dont want to get shocked again
or I shall take physchology but i know nothing in it and im worried to risk my grades
help me people
and what grades i should get in them (AS level)

Reaction score
Hi. Here's my advice:
ICT and Bio (especially) are good subjects. For radiology, you ideally should also take as many as you can of physics, maths and chemistry. Physics isn't very mathematical-based at AS but it is difficult so you will have to work very hard to get good grades (especially having done core), but it certainly can be done. Chemistry is in my opinion, the hardest A-level out there, but the most beautiful!
I recommend not taking English language, because it is incredibly difficult to get a high grade in (CIE expects you to be nearly a proffesional writer!) and with a C at 2nd lang. IGCSE, you will probably find it quite hard. But if you really want to, it is a good subject to have!
Psychology requires you to have a good memory and good essay/writing skills because at AS, you will have to learn 20 psychological studies by heart. At A-level it gets much more interesting though, but there's a lot of content, which might take up valuable time off other more important subjects.

I don't want to put you off anything, I'm just giving you honest advice :)
(P.S. I did psycho, chem, physics, maths and english at AS, so I know what they're really like!) :)