• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Subjects Choice. Important.

Reaction score
Hey guys. Salam to all muslims out there and happy ramadhan.

So guys I've to select 6 subjects for my AS-level. I've already selected four of them, but I am confused about the rest two.
Chemistry, Physics, Biology and Maths are the selected four subjects.
I'm looking forwards to taking Urdu. Here I need your help. Should I go for Half-Credit Urdu or Full-Credit? If I go for Half-Credit Urdu, will it be counted as an Extra Language? I mean is it creditable?
Which subject should I choose as my 6th subject? An easy one. Which can easily be coped up with the rest of my five subjects.
Economics, Thinking Skills (though I highly doubt my thinking skills to be as good as to get me an A-grade :( ), English Language, Sociology, Computers/ICT (considering the fact that I haven't studied it in my O-level) and Law. These are the subjects that my school is offering. You can suggest any subject though. I will manage it's tuitions and stuff if it's not a school subject.

Thank you
Also any other advice for AS-level will highly be appreciated.

Take Care

Reaction score
i suggest you take law.....because i also have 5 subjects and law is the extra one.
It is a VERY interesting and captivating subject and also a doable one .

Reaction score
Don't opt for half credited subjects because they will not be accepted by most of the universities. Simply speaking, they have no value.
Go for economics. It is easy and will take less time to complete the syllabus.

Reaction score
But I really need one language subject. So will Urdu half-credit suffice as one?

Reaction score
GP, Thinking skills. are good options but universities in the UK do not accept it as your 3 main subjects.

you should take economics, its the best choice. As far as I know.

Other than that if your board is not CIE you might consider electronics and further maths in AS.

BTW whats your school?

Reaction score
@destined007: I was going for Urdu Half-Credit because it really is a piece of cake. English Language is a better option than Urdu Full Credit, I guess :(

@toxicdevil: Thanks. :)

Reaction score
See Urdu half credit won't bring you any good because its useless. You better go for full credit or even better option is english language.

Reaction score
But I don't wanna end up with B's or C's. I have to take one language subject, and as you can see giving 6 A-level subjects isn't an easy job. So I thought of taking Urdu Half-Credit, which would solve the 'One Language' problem for me. Now can you please confirm that is it considered a Language Subject or it's merely a subject and not counted as a LANGUAGE SUBJECT!

Reaction score
i get it. You just want to increase the number of A's rather use the subject as foundation for future degree or something. Then its fine. Take Urdu.
and Urdu obviously is a language.

Reaction score
No. There is this certificate or smth. I need to have 6 subjects to get it. Of the 6 subjects, one subject must be a LANGUAGE subject and so I thought of taking Urdu Half Credit.
Bad decision?