• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Subjects in A Levels

Reaction score
I will do engineering in future InshAllah for which i will take physics chemistry and maths in A Levels, i wanted to ask should i take one extra subject or not? As some people said me that in a levels only keep the subjects that will lead you to your future... Your suggestions would be valuable to me

Reaction score
How many subjects are required in A`levels to make equilance of intermediate??? kindly reply soon!

Reaction score
I will do engineering in future InshAllah for which i will take physics chemistry and maths in A Levels, i wanted to ask should i take one extra subject or not? As some people said me that in a levels only keep the subjects that will lead you to your future... Your suggestions would be valuable to me

If you are focusing on engineering then keep the 3 subjects to Physics, Chemistry and Maths because that's the best combination.. And don't choose anything else as that will only increase your burden. Because I am not kidding when I say that these subjects are quite hard and will be enough of a burden for you. Especially Chemistry.

Reaction score
Take Biology. That way you'll have pure sciences and mathematics as subject choices. It is very hard, but worth it. I admire people who take Phy, Chem, Bio and Math at A levels. I take all four, and let me tell you, it's HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You may wish to take further math. If you don't find it to your liking, then drop it during your AS year. All other subjects are irrelevant, unless you're interested in a subject

Reaction score
Take Biology. That way you'll have pure sciences and mathematics as subject choices. It is very hard, but worth it. I admire people who take Phy, Chem, Bio and Math at A levels. I take all four, and let me tell you, it's HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You may wish to take further math. If you don't find it to your liking, then drop it during your AS year. All other subjects are irrelevant, unless you're interested in a subject

Well if he's completely sure that he's going for Engineering then Bio will be a burden for him in my opinion .. Yea Further Maths can be of real help to him if he wants to pursue Engineering Abroad or aim for the top universities. But he should only take FM if he REALLY likes Maths. And i don't think one can take FM at AS level .. because one needs to get done with Maths (Accelerated) before one can start studying FM .. since FM is Advanced Mechanics/Statistics.

Reaction score
If he wants to go Engineering Bio is definitely not worth it, its a huge subject like chemistry and takes a lot of effort.

Reaction score
If you are focusing on engineering then keep the 3 subjects to Physics, Chemistry and Maths because that's the best combination.. And don't choose anything else as that will only increase your burden. Because I am not kidding when I say that these subjects are quite hard and will be enough of a burden for you. Especially Chemistry.
Bro chemistry isn't hard for me IA i'll score straight A's in AS/A Levels. I have been a die hard fan of chemistry... Always nailed A* or A in chemistry not less than this :) I think only maths can create some toubles for me

Reaction score
Well if he's completely sure that he's going for Engineering then Bio will be a burden for him in my opinion .. Yea Further Maths can be of real help to him if he wants to pursue Engineering Abroad or aim for the top universities. But he should only take FM if he REALLY likes Maths. And i don't think one can take FM at AS level .. because one needs to get done with Maths (Accelerated) before one can start studying FM .. since FM is Advanced Mechanics/Statistics.
I think Physics Chemistry And Maths is best for me as i should focus on subjects which would be useful in future, as one of my friend suggested to take economics, its not my type of subject. Anyways Thanks ;)

Reaction score
I think Physics Chemistry And Maths is best for me as i should focus on subjects which would be useful in future, as one of my friend suggested to take economics, its not my type of subject. Anyways Thanks ;)

Yea if maths can be problematic for you even 1 bit .. don't think about FM at all! As far as chemistry is concerned well it's not that hard .. just that the MCQs section 2 and the practicals are new for us (those coming from O Levels and opted for ATP) .. so need a lot of practice for the practicals that's why most people consider it to be hard. Honestly, I myself don't find it hard that much but most people in A Levels do.

So keep it to Maths, Physics & Chemistry and you should be fine.

Reaction score
Yea if maths can be problematic for you even 1 bit .. don't think about FM at all! As far as chemistry is concerned well it's not that hard .. just that the MCQs section 2 and the practicals are new for us (those coming from O Levels and opted for ATP) .. so need a lot of practice for the practicals that's why most people consider it to be hard. Honestly, I myself don't find it hard that much but most people in A Levels do.

So keep it to Maths, Physics & Chemistry and you should be fine.
It's only as hard as you make it :)

Reaction score
Reaction score
whyyy chemistryyy :( everybody is scaring me of it :|