• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Subjects in AS level

Reaction score
I passed my Olevels with 7 A* and 1 A (medical group). i've just started with As LEVEL and need some guidance about the subjects i should take. I was thinking of physics, chemistry, biology, math , english language and economics (did not study it in Olevels). My teachers tell me that i am over burdening myself :no: . The problem is that I am REALLY confused about the field i want to choose.
MBBS (most probably but It is sooooo lengthy)
SOMETHING in LUMS (just for its name's sake)
CSS (my dad's forcing me to keep this as a target)

1.SO i want you guys to tell me the subjects "you" are choosing in your AS level.
2. can i give economics?? is it difficult?
3. Is English language worth giving in AS level? or is it just a burden?

Please spare some of your thoughts for me :)

Reaction score
i am taking physics, chemistry, biology, and maths.. my tchrs strongly recommend me to take economics as well though i didnt take it in olevels, there are sum gud students in our skool who took economics in alevels without havng it in olevel n scored quite well.. one i noe is now in A.K.U.

Reaction score
physics, biology, chemistry and maths are my majors ! i am takin economics only bcuz i noe i woht b overburdening myself...its the same syllabus in AS s it ws back in O-Levels !! You won't really suffer if u r quite interested in it...Its easyy...plus interresting specially at AS !! Plus it gives ur subject combination a diversity and makes a really good overall combination !! I dunno abt english language at AS...I hvent seen sumone giv it back at my place, but economics is seriously a good choice cuz english lang. at As is half-credit while economics is a full-credit subject !! I know a girl who nvr took economics in o-levels but too it in As cuz she had second thoughts abt doin suthin in management sciences from LUMS ( for itx name sake) , she scored a regional distinction !! So trust in ur self and go for it ! :)

Reaction score
plz can u tell me is it easy to take A in english language of gce olevels? As i heard that it needs very high standard english.plz reply urgent!!

Reaction score
the question ^^^ shud b in an olevel topic... still, no u dont specifically need *high standard english* u jxt need to noe good english n most importantly u must understand the topic n interpret it correct.jxt an average good english n a good presentation of work ( by this i mean style of composition not handrytng or decorations =P) cud score an A.. A* needs sum tricks but one cud score an A.