• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

test questions from me part II

Reaction score
Q: From where can we obtain unsaturated fats to consume them as our diet?
Q: From where can we obtain saturated fats to consume them as our diet?
Q: How can we increase the yield of an exothermic reaction?
Q: What do poly unsaturated hydrocarbons have in common?
Q: Which is better for a 28 year old man... vegetable oil or margarine?
Test ur self :twisted: ...correct answers for previous 5 were
Ans 1: Aluminum develops a layer of oxide above it.
Ans 2: strong forces of attraction between oppositely charged ions (not "intermolecular bonds")
Ans 3: Vaan der waals
Ans 4: Eutrophication
Ans 5: to prevent sodium reacting with oxygen in the air (not "to provide inert atmosphere" or "to decrease reactivity") :shock:

Reaction score
1---vegetables oils are unsaturated fats----in short fats obtained from plants sources
2---animal fat for saturated
3---well u consider dynamic equilibrium here....so by decreasing temp..if u want detailed explanation---i cn give it
4---unsaturated means u hav got a = bond b/w carbon-to-carbon..so poly unsaturated have more than 1 double bond b/w carbon-to-carbon atom
5---vegetable oil cos margarine or saturated fats(hydrogenated fats) increase cholesterol levels (particularly of the more harmful LDL form) - leading to an increased risk of heart disease.

Reaction score
My God these will not be asked in my O level exam right ?? :O
Chemistry not my thing :S and to hell with organic chemistry :S

Reaction score
1- oils
2- animal fat
3- depends on dynamic equilibrium
4- unsaturated means carbon t carbon double bond ............. so many bonds like these
5- donno............... maybe vegetable oils

Reaction score
dont know about dynamic equilibrium but.....his answer is correct (decreasing tempurature)