• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

The easiest subject to qualify in cie a levels.

Reaction score
hi guys i know someone who needs help in choosing their a level subject. They have already given Urdu and got A in it but they need to give one more subject just to finish off their a levels.
They have appeared in islamiat psycology accounts and englishs literature but was unable to qualify even after rigorous self studies only :[... Now what option do they have? which subject to do u reckon would be the easist to qualify in .. not an A grade but just to qualify..
I suggested them maths as its only follows hard and fast rules for each question but they sed they are not the maths type... Then they thought about geography aswell but I dont think there are any geography tuitionz in karachi.. self studying would again be a mistake so this time they will take tuition for wat ever they appear in..

Please provide ur views about this.. and study guidelines... and your expetiences aswell.. and i forgot to mention great forum... :) Great to see pakistanis together in a forum dedicated to O and A lvls .. keep it up and i hope it stays up forever unlike the banned forums by cie :]

Reaction score
Geography at A level is not difficult. But it will make anyone almost crazy. No one book fulfills the requirement of the syllabus. There are case studies to remember, even whole diagrams to remember which will need to be drawn in every paper. So exclude that. I would suggest finding out that 'why' in that persons mind. Why didn't he/she able to get through. Only that will ensure any future success.
My recommendation.

Business Studies.

And on the whole its not about just studying too much. There are some skills that need to be induced no matter what. Knowledge of course is important but sadly won't get one through at A levels. Using that knowledge in the context of the paper on various situations, developing points, following the rubrics, command words, managing the time. Are all some of the crucial factors. So, keeping all that in mind try to look for a very good teacher. Who can make him/her focus on all aspects i.e make him/her think what is beyond the book! Otherwise it is going to be disastrous again.
Good luck though. And PM for any other help which i may not be able to offer here.

Reaction score
Oh thanks guyz.. so its B.S then i guess... nd u think they have enuf time to prepare till november this year? I mean for the whole AS + A2

Reaction score
Yes. Provided they start right away. Use peter stimpson's book. Past papers, er, ms and there's a wonderful standards booklet as well on this site in Business Studies A level folder. That will show you how to write the answers.

Reaction score
It is. But if that particular person is not "maths like" then no. It is the most difficult thing.

Reaction score
my cousin told me tht most of maths topics are based on kinematics......
shes doing Alevel

Reaction score
Not really only 1 or 2 questions are based on kinematics in the mechanics paper which i guess makes not more than 10 prcnt of the total Maths A lvls grade..

Reaction score
Actually it is depends on a person's effort to the subject
If u put more efforts on a subjects even though it is hard but you may still manage to get good marks.

Reaction score
i must say, depends on the individual's interest.
e.g 1 of my class fellow complains she find business study hard, n physics easy!
whereas the general opinion is that, b.s is 1 of the easier subjects of A level.
interst matters....

Reaction score
they shouldnt take a subject to just get an extra A, They should choose keeping in context what they intend to do ahead and yes ofcourse their interest is the crucial factor.
I would suggest English Language as that is considered the easiest one.
As and A level math can hardly be covered in 6 months. Its prettty demanding.

Reaction score
"Yes. Provided they start right away. Use peter stimpson's book. Past papers, er, ms and there's a wonderful standards booklet as well on this site in Business Studies A level folder. That will show you how to write the answers."

hey can please u post the link to this B.S Alevel folder??

Reaction score
I want to inquire about psychology. Is it possible to cover the whole course, AS and A2 during the summer break and then give the paper in this november session and get an A? Could someone please assist me regarding the books I should use and other stuff please.

Reaction score
Zohaib Sherazi said:
Yes. Provided they start right away. Use peter stimpson's book. Past papers, er, ms and there's a wonderful standards booklet as well on this site in Business Studies A level folder. That will show you how to write the answers.
where can i find that book..please tell.. :shock:

Reaction score
@zwitterion:

Yes. Possible. But you'll need to be regular. Use Cardwell Clark Meldrum A2 book. S-cool notes and search the nearest old book shop for any other related material. Basically study in accordance with the past papers from day one. It cuts down time consumption by 50% and productivity in terms of result will go up by 50% too. Good Luck. And be ready to use the internet for anything you need more to know more specifically. It is the best source!

Reaction score
im taking business and urdu and confused in 3 rd subject as i dodnt get good grades in accounts AS after soo much practice please suggest me any 3 rd subjest shou
ld opt to sociology law phycology, please help me in this