• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

The Islamic Forum

Reaction score
The following are 10 ways in which we can prepare for this beautiful month starting from NOW:

1. Voluntary Fasts

2. Reciting Qur’an

3. Praying Superogatory (Nafil) prayers

4. Making Dua

5. Sincere Repentance

6. Generosity & Charity

7. Controlling the tongue

8. Improving Character & manners

9. Moderation in eating

10. Implementing Sunnah's into Daily life

May Allah enable us to make the best of this Ramadan and make it a salvation for us in the Hereafter. Ameen

Reaction score
Reported by Abdul-Ula (RA): Uthman bin Abul-As (RA) came and said to the Prophet (peace be upon him); “O Messenger of Allah, Shaytan is spoiling my prayers and confusing my reciting of the Qur’an. The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said: “That is a shaytan called Khinzab, so if you feel that (he is around) say: ‘I seek refuge with Allah from you.” Then blow breath with light spit on your left three times.” Uthman said: “I did that and Allah took him away from me.”

(Muslim)

Reaction score
Reported by Abu Hurairah (RA): I heard the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) saying, “When the Iqamah are pronounced, do not come to it running, you should walk calmly with tranquility to join the congregation. Then join in what you catch for and complete what you miss.”

[Bukhari & Muslim - Riyad us Saliheen, Chapter 93, 704]

Reaction score
Reported by Ka`b bin Malik (RA): I saw Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) eating with three fingers (i.e., the thumb, the index finger and the middle finger) and licking them after having finished the food.
[Muslim - Riyad us Saliheen, Chapter 109, 749]

Let us try to imitate our Prophet SAW, even in the smallest habits.

Reaction score
Reported by Marthad bin `Abdullah Al-Yazni: When Malik bin Hubairah (RA) offered a funeral prayer and found a small number of participants, he would divide them into three rows and would say that the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said, “If three rows of men offer funeral prayer over anyone, his entry into Jannah will become certain.”

[Abu Dawud and Tirmidhi]

Riyad us Saliheen, Chapter 156, 934

How we leave this world is also as important as what we did when we were in it. May Allah give us a good ending, ameen.

Reaction score
The Messenger of Allaah sallAllaahu 3Alayhi wa sallam said: "Whoever directs someone to a good, then he will have the reward equal to the doer of the action". [Saheeh Muslim]

فَاسْتَبِقُوا الْخَيْرَاتِ
“so compete in good deeds.”

[soorah al-Maaidah 5:48]
If you find yourself unable to pray or make Sujood, or find yourself slacking in prayer and worship, realize that it’s your heart that has refused, because limbs only carry out the commands of the heart.

Shaykh Mukhtaar Shinqeet was asked a questions: ” A number of days may pass & I do not get to read anything from the Qu’raan..” This was his reply.

then-cry-for-yourself.jpg

The Messenger of Allaah sallAllaahu 3Alayhi wa Sallam said: “Whoever reads a letter of the Book of Allaah will be credited with a good deed, and a good deed gets a tenfold reward. I do not say that Alif-Laam-Meem is a letter, rather alif is a letter, laam is a letter and meem is a letter.”

Ibn Al Qayyim said: “The keys to the life of the heart lie in reflecting upon the Qur‘aan , being humble before Allaah in secret, and leaving sins.”

Ibn Masood said “These hearts are vessels. Fill them up with Qur’aan and occupy them with nothing else.”

and he also said “The love of the Qur’aan and the love of music cannot combine in the heart of a believer.”

The skins of those who fear their Lord shiver from it (when they recite it or hear it). Then their skin and their heart soften to the remembrance of Allaah. That is the guidance of Allaah. He Guides therewith whom He pleases and whomever Allaah sends astray, for him there is no guide.”

Reaction score
Last edited: