• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

The Islamic Forum

Reaction score
Who Is The Bankrupt Person?

The Prophet Muhammad ﷺ asked one group of his companions: "Do you know who the bankrupt person is?"
They said: "A bankrupt person amongst us is the one who has neither money nor property."
The Prophet ﷺ said: "The bankrupt person of my nation is he who would come on the Day of Resurrection with prayer and fast and giving great amounts in charity.
And at the same time, he would come having abused this one, and slandered that one, and consumed the wealth of the other unlawfully, and shed the blood of yet others and having beaten others.
Then any person whom he has wronged will be given from his good deeds on that Day. And if his good deeds are exhausted until he clears the account concerning all of the people he has oppressed, the sins of those people whom he has wronged will be thrown unto his account and after that, he will be thrown into the hell fire."

Ref.: Sahih Muslim, Book 32, Number 6251

All Praise belongs to Allah, may His peace and blessings be upon our final Prophet Muhammad ﷺ, his family, his companions and all those who follow his guidance.

Reaction score
Can non muslims be made friends ?

The following is a translation of one of the verses on which the popular Muslim view is based:
"O believers! Take neither Jews nor Christians as your protecting friends (auliya): they are only protecting friends of one another. Whoever of you disobeys this commandment will be counted as one of them. Surely God does not guide the wrongdoers." (Qur’an; 5:51)

The explanation of the above translate verse from the holy Quran is :-

"Aulia is the plural of wali. Wali means a friend, some one who is close, and a helper. What it means is that Muslims are expected not to make Jews, Christians, and all other disbelievers (kuffar) their protecting friends, as has been clarified in Surah Nisaa12 Justice is meant to be done in case of all humans, whether Muslim or non-Muslim. The attitude of politeness and decency can be demonstrated for those non-Muslims who are not antagonistic towards Muslims. However, as far as Muwalaat (i.e. confidence of friendship and brotherly help and support) is concerned, no Muslim is allowed to establish it with any non-Muslim.

There is another passage of the Qur’an that is often quoted to support the above view. "Let not the believers take for friends or helpers unbelievers (Kuffar) rather than believers; if any do that in nothing will there be help from Allah; except by way of precaution that ye may guard yourselves from them. But God cautions you (to remember) Himself for the final goal is to Allah." (Qur’an; 3:28)

The hadis whichs shows that muslims are prohibited ta take non muslims are :-
The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: A man follows the religion of his friend; so each one should consider whom he makes his friend." [Abu Dawud 41:4815]

The Messenger of Allah [said] "Do not keep company with anyone but a believer and do not let anyone eat your food but one who is pious." [Abu Dawud 41:4832]

"O you who believe! Take not my enemies And your enemies as friends offering them (Your) love even though they have disbelieved in that Truth (i.e. Allah, Prophet Muhammad and this Quran) which has come to you." [Sahih Bukhari 59:572:1]

The above hadith indicates those who disbelieve in Allah are not to be taken as friends therefore Muslims should avoid to have any sort of relationship/friendship with non-muslims.

Reaction score
Can non muslims be made friends ?

The following is a translation of one of the verses on which the popular Muslim view is based:
"O believers! Take neither Jews nor Christians as your protecting friends (auliya): they are only protecting friends of one another. Whoever of you disobeys this commandment will be counted as one of them. Surely God does not guide the wrongdoers." (Qur’an; 5:51)

The explanation of the above translate verse from the holy Quran is :-

"Aulia is the plural of wali. Wali means a friend, some one who is close, and a helper. What it means is that Muslims are expected not to make Jews, Christians, and all other disbelievers (kuffar) their protecting friends, as has been clarified in Surah Nisaa12 Justice is meant to be done in case of all humans, whether Muslim or non-Muslim. The attitude of politeness and decency can be demonstrated for those non-Muslims who are not antagonistic towards Muslims. However, as far as Muwalaat (i.e. confidence of friendship and brotherly help and support) is concerned, no Muslim is allowed to establish it with any non-Muslim.

There is another passage of the Qur’an that is often quoted to support the above view. "Let not the believers take for friends or helpers unbelievers (Kuffar) rather than believers; if any do that in nothing will there be help from Allah; except by way of precaution that ye may guard yourselves from them. But God cautions you (to remember) Himself for the final goal is to Allah." (Qur’an; 3:28)

The hadis whichs shows that muslims are prohibited ta take non muslims are :-
The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: A man follows the religion of his friend; so each one should consider whom he makes his friend." [Abu Dawud 41:4815]

The Messenger of Allah [said] "Do not keep company with anyone but a believer and do not let anyone eat your food but one who is pious." [Abu Dawud 41:4832]

"O you who believe! Take not my enemies And your enemies as friends offering them (Your) love even though they have disbelieved in that Truth (i.e. Allah, Prophet Muhammad and this Quran) which has come to you." [Sahih Bukhari 59:572:1]

The above hadith indicates those who disbelieve in Allah are not to be taken as friends therefore Muslims should avoid to have any sort of relationship/friendship with non-muslims.

o_O we cant be friends with non Muslims? IGCSE O/L student ?

Reaction score
I'm not exactly sure about what the article means. As far as I know, having them as friends because they're our classmates is acceptable.
o_O we cant be friends with non Muslims? IGCSE O/L student ?
Acquaintance but not friends.
At one place Allah says that they can be done business with them but we shouldnt tell them our secrets. ( not exact ayat translation)
and cn emotional frendship. (Dilli dosti). Beacuse they will get happy if you get distressed and angry if u get sad. Even if they dont show it.

Reaction score
“O you who believe! Take not My enemies and your enemies as (protecting) friends, showing affection towards them, while they have disbelieved in what has come to you of the truth, and have driven out the Messenger (PBUH) & yourselves because you believe in Allah, your Lord! If you have come forth to strive in My cause and to seek My good pleasure, you show friendship to them in secret, while I am All-Aware of what you conceal and what you reveal. And whosoever of you (Muslims) does that, then indeed he has gone astray from the straight path.”

(Aayah No. 1, Surah Al-Mumtahanah, Chapter No. 60, Holy Quran

Reaction score
Surah 3:118

O you who believe! Take not as (your) Bitanah (advisors, consultants, protectors, helpers, friends, etc.) those outside your religion (pagans, Jews, Christians, and hypocrites) since they will not fail to do their best to corrupt you. They desire to harm you severely. Hatred has already appeared from their mouths, but what their breasts conceal is far worse. Indeed We have made plain to you the Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses) if you understand.

Reaction score
Acquaintance but not friends.
At one place Allah says that they can be done business with them but we shouldnt tell them our secrets. ( not exact ayat translation)
and cn emotional frendship. (Dilli dosti). Beacuse they will get happy if you get distressed and angry if u get sad. Even if they dont show it.
so we can be friends but not close friends?

Reaction score
Surah 3:118

O you who believe! Take not as (your) Bitanah (advisors, consultants, protectors, helpers, friends, etc.) those outside your religion (pagans, Jews, Christians, and hypocrites) since they will not fail to do their best to corrupt you. They desire to harm you severely. Hatred has already appeared from their mouths, but what their breasts conceal is far worse. Indeed We have made plain to you the Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses) if you understand.
so we can be friends but not close friends?
yeah

Reaction score
Salam,
I am new here And was quite astonish to see sucha thread going on an educational purpose web :) *GLAD*
Ifound it really appealing...

Can anyone clear my doubts about whther is it allowed for females to visit their dear ones grave?
Many says one must not.. some says its all okay. *confused*

Reaction score
Salam,
I am new here And was quite astonish to see sucha thread going on an educational purpose web :) *GLAD*

Can anyone clear my doubts about whther is it allowed for females to visit their dear ones grave?

Muslim women are not allowed to visit the graves.The following hadis clearly clears this doubt:.
It is reported in an authentic narration that the Messenger of Allah (saws) said: “, "May Allah curse the women who are frequent visitors of the graves."
For more info you can have a look on this: http://islamqa.info/en/8198

Reaction score
Salam,

Passing by a grave is allowed, but not actually visiting it. Women are forbidden to enter graves

Reaction score
Everyone please contribute by sharing anything Islamic (hadiths, quranic ayahs, lecture links etc etc)
The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "Do you know who is most generous? ... God is the Most Generous, then I am most generous to humankind, and the most generous people after me will be those who will acquire knowledge and then disseminate it. (They) will come on the Day of Resurrection singly, like a ruler." Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 93

Reaction score
Reported by `Uthman bin `Affan (RA): I saw the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) performing Wudu’ the way I have just done it and said, “He who performs Wudu’ like this, his previous sins will be forgiven and his Salat and walking to the mosque will be considered as supererogatory act of worship.”

[Muslim]

Reaction score
Reported by `Abdullah bin `Amr bin Al-`as (RA): A man asked Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him), “Which act in Islam is the best?” He (peace be upon him) replied, “To feed (the poor and the needy) and to greet those whom you know and those you do not know.”

[Bukhari & Muslim]