• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

The Islamic Forum

Reaction score
What's the importance of milaad? some say its bidah n shouldnt b done.. idont think so? :| ..
*confused*

Reaction score
What's the importance of milaad? some say its bidah n shouldnt b done.. idont think so? :| ..
*confused*
why do you want to do something which the Prophet SAW never did nor his companions? Give me one saheeh hadith which mentions either one of them celebrating the Meelad of the Prophet SAW

Reaction score
Reported by Al-Qasim bin Muhammad `Aishah (RA) said: “Oh, my head.” (It was hurting due to pain.) Thereupon the Prophet (peace be upon him) said, “Rather it is I who says: `Oh, my headache.”’

[Bukhari - Riyad us Saliheen, Chapter 149, 916].

Commentary: one can express the intensity of pain provided that he has no intention to complain against the Will of Allah and point out his sorrow and frustration.

Reaction score
Reported by Zubair bin `Awwam (RA): Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said, “It is far better for you to take your rope, go to the mountain, (cut some firewood) carry it on your back, and sell it and thereby save your face than begging from people whether they give you or refuse.”

[Bukhari]

Riyad us Saliheen, Chapter 59, 539

Islam emphasizes hard work over begging. Even manual labour, which is so often looked down upon, is far better for one’s self respect compared to begging.

Reaction score
Reported by Al-Aswad bin Yazid (RA): `Aishah (RA) was asked: “What did Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) used to do inside his house?” She answered: “He used to keep himself busy helping members of his family, and when it was the time for Salat (the prayer), he would get up for prayer.”

[Bukhari - Riyad us Saliheen, Chapter 71, 606]

Shall we try to follow this example, starting today?

Reaction score
Reported by Abu Hurairah (RA): A man asked the Prophet (peace be upon him) to give him advice, and he (peace be upon him) said, “Do not get angry.” The man repeated that several times and he (peace be upon him) replied (every time), “Do not get angry.”

[Bukhari - Riyad us Saliheen, Chapter 74, 639]

Reaction score
Reported by Abu Umamah (RA): Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said, “O son of Adam, if you spend the surplus, it will be better for you; and if you retain it, it will be evil for you. You will not be reprimanded for storing what is enough for your need. First of all spend upon those who are your dependents.”

[Tirmidhi - Riyad us Saliheen, Chapter 56, 510]

This hadith refers to the culture of hoarding and being miserly. Spend in the path of Allah, and you will see the returns in this life and the next.

Reaction score
Reported by Abu Hurairah (RA): Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said, “The strong man is not the one who wrestles, but the strong man is in fact the one who controls himself in a fit of rage.”

[Bukhari & Muslim]

Riyad us Saliheen, Chapter 75, 647

People are usually impressed by physical power, but the real strength is one who can keep his anger under control.

Reaction score
well you can watch the videos posted although they seem blank they contain the a part of the URL which you can edit...
Below are the steps:

1) Click reply to the post which contains the video you cannot see . For example: The Islamic Forum
You will see this :

View attachment 38834

2) Copy the text underlined in red between the bb code of the attached youtube video.

3) go to the address bar and type www.youtube.com/watch?v=lztV9TL_nJo (you always have to type www.youtube.com/watch?v= as its universal and would work for all videos and then add the copied the text from the posted video)
just type the link without https:// :p

Reaction score
Remembrance of Allah in all Conditions

Allah Almighty says in the Qur'an:
"When my servants ask you concerning me, (tell them) I am indeed close (to them). I listen to the prayer of every suppliant when he calls on me." [2:186]

The place of duaa is so high to Allah, that the Prophet had said:
"Nothing is more honourable to Allah the Most High than du`a."
[Sahih al-Jami` no.5268]. He also said: "The most excellent worship is du`a."
[Sahih Al-Jami` no. 1133]; "If one does not ask Allah, He will get angry with him."
[Sahih al-Jami` no.2414]===================================================================================
Why our Du'as are not answered
by ibn Rajab al Hanbali
from Khushu' fis-salah

Ibrahim ibn Adham - may Allah have mercy on
him - a third century scholar, a teacher and a
companion of Sufyan ath-Thawri, was asked
about the saying of Allah - the Most High:

"and your Lord says: "Call on me I will answer
your prayer..."
[40:60]

"We supplicate and we are not answered."
So he said to them: