• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

The Islamic Forum

Reaction score
Reported by Umaiyyah bin Makhshi (RA): Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) was sitting while a man was eating food. That man did not mention the Name of Allah (before commencing to eat) till only a morsel of food was left. When he raised it to his mouth, he said: “Bismillah awwalahu wa akhirahu (With the Name of Allah, in the beginning and in the end).” Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) smiled at this and said, “Satan had been eating with him but when he mentioned the Name of Allah, Satan vomited all that was in his stomach.” [Abu Dawud & An-Nasa’i]
Riyad us Saliheen, Chapter 100, 732

Reaction score
Reported by Anas (RA): A young Jewish boy who was in the service of the Prophet (peace be upon him) fell ill. The Prophet (peace be upon him) went to visit him. He sat down by his head and said to him, “Embrace Islam.” The little boy looked at his father who was sitting beside him. He said: “Obey Abul-Qasim (i.e., the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him)).” So he embraced Islam and the Prophet (peace be upon him) stepped out saying, “Praise be to Allah Who has saved him from Hell-fire.”

[Bukhari - Riyad us Saliheen, Chapter 144, 900]

Saving one person’s soul is better than the whole earth and what it contains. May Allah give us the ability to do so, ameen.

Reaction score
Reported by K`ab bin Malik (RA): Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said, “Two hungry wolves sent in the midst of a flock of sheep are no more destructive to them than a man’s greed for wealth and fame is to his Deen.”

[Tirmidhi]

Riyad us Saliheen, Chapter 55, 485

The havoc played by wealth, rank and position, can be seen everywhere. Wealth and greed for fame are detrimental to religion as preference of the life of the world over religion is explicit in such a trivial pursuit.

Reaction score
Reported by Salman Al-Farisi (RA): Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said, “If a man takes a bath on Friday, purifies himself thoroughly, uses oil and perfume which is available in the house, sets forth for the mosque, does not (forcibly) sit between two persons, offers the prayer that is prescribed for him and listens to the Imam silently, his sins between this Friday and the previous Friday will be forgiven.”

[Bukhari]

Riyad us Saliheen, Chapter 129, 828

Sometimes people feel as if this weekly trip to the masjid is so cumbersome – but imagine the rewards!

Reaction score
Reported by Abu Hurairah (RA): The Prophet (peace be upon him) said, “A woman is married for four things: for her wealth, for her lineage, for her beauty or for her piety. Select the pious, may you be blessed!”

[Bukhari & Muslim]

Riyad us Saliheen, Chapter 45, 364

While selecting a wife, one should give preference to religion above all other qualities, for she will be the mother of your future generations.

Reaction score
Reported by Abu Hurairah (RA): The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said, “There are three (types of) people whom Allah will neither speak to on the Day of Resurrection nor will He purify them (i.e., from their sins), nor will look upon them; and they will have a painful chastisement. These are: An old man who commits fornication; a king who is a great liar and a poor man who is proud.”

[Muslim]

Reaction score
Reported by `Aishah (RA): The Prophet (peace be upon him) said, “The two Rak`ah before the dawn (Fajr) prayer are better than this world and all it contains.”

[Muslim - Riyad us Saliheen, Chapter 196, 1102]

Everybody is sleepy in the morning, but surely this extra few minutes is worth the amazing reward!

Reaction score
no punishment in the grave? o_O first time i am hearing that
http://islamqa.info/en/10547
According to science, after a person is dead, the person comes in the state of non-existence. Just like the time the person wasn't born. The world was going on, but that person had no knowledge of that. Therefore time would not affect a dead person and when he is resurrected on the day of Judgement, it would be like as if he was just born.
[Enter to] burn therein today for what you used to deny." (36:64)
So today no soul will be wronged at all, and you will not be recompensed except for what you used to do. (36:54)

I did like that article mentioning that on the day of judgement, everyone would be judged according to their deeds. Without that judgement by Allah, how can anyone attain punishment? Just like the jury judges a suspect and then indicts that person. A suspect cannot be punished until judged. But Allah has better knowledge. We should worship Him regardless of the fact that there is punishment in grave or not.
Because Hazrat Ali (r.a) said:
'I worship Allah not because I want to go to heaven or because I fear hell; but because He deserves to be worshipped.'

Reaction score
According to science, after a person is dead, the person comes in the state of non-existence. Just like the time the person wasn't born. The world was going on, but that person had no knowledge of that. Therefore time would not affect a dead person and when he is resurrected on the day of Judgement, it would be like as if he was just born.
[Enter to] burn therein today for what you used to deny." (36:64)
So today no soul will be wronged at all, and you will not be recompensed except for what you used to do. (36:54)

I did like that article mentioning that on the day of judgement, everyone would be judged according to their deeds. Without that judgement by Allah, how can anyone attain punishment? Just like the jury judges a suspect and then indicts that person. A suspect cannot be punished until judged. But Allah has better knowledge. We should worship Him regardless of the fact that there is punishment in grave or not.
Because Hazrat Ali (r.a) said:
'I worship Allah not because I want to go to heaven or because I fear hell; but because He deserves to be worshipped.'
During the Tahiyaat in Salah, the Prophet SAW used to recite " Allahum inni Audu bika min Adhab naar jahanam wa min Adhabin fil Qabarand so on...
this clearly means there is punishment in the grave
did u check the link i gave?

Reaction score
During the Tahiyaat in Salah, the Prophet SAW used to recite " Allahum inni Audu bika min Adhab naar jahanam wa min Adhabin fil Qabarand so on...
this clearly means there is punishment in the grave
did u check the link i gave?
another proof is that there is a hadith which says the one who recites surahtul Mulk will be protected from the punishment of the grave