• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

The lost art of letter writing

Do you think the lost art of letter writing deserves to be revived?

• Total voters
Reaction score
I also think it is due to the modern technology ---> INTERNET! Plus social networking too. People prefer keeping in touch with each other through Facebook or Twitter or other means of social networking. And its just very few people prefer writing letters these days due to this reason.

Reaction score
Myste Rious , ZaMiN RaZa , aalmuhannadi Could you explain why you think that the art of letter writing deserves to be revived?
i think it should be revived but we should keep using e-mails as well. like aalmuhannadi said above me, i am more creative, more expressive when writing a letter compared to e-mail. also the style of the writer and the paper tells a lot about a character of the writer and the anticipation of the letter itself maybe more thrilling than an e-mail but little amounts of that thrill are present in the e-mail. But a counter-point to the statement is that we live in a fast paced world now compared with what was 40 years or back. We are always busy and on the run. E-mails provide the need for that and letters take a 3-4 days to come (usually my case), compared to the 2-3 weeks of the letter to come to a person back then, and that still is not enough for our demands.So in conclusion, letter writing should be revived but it will die out as we progress in the ever evolving world we live in.