• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

The More You Resit , The more money we get - EDEXCEL

Reaction score
apparently they dont think about the students whom this is their last year ... i mean if i fail ... imma have to be late one semester for University !!! :cry:

Reaction score
:/ , this year am doing everything ! c1 , c2, c3, c4, m1 , s1 physics units 1 ,2 and 3 , biology units 1,2 and 3 and arabic ! so that i have the next year for resits and nothing but resits !

Reaction score
Well I did read an article where everyone in a certain region got one grade lower than they originally should have due to a computer error but not everyone was awarded back the actual grade once this mistake was realized. :/

Reaction score
Well I did read an article where everyone in a certain region got one grade lower than they originally should have due to a computer error but not everyone was awarded back the actual grade once this mistake was realized. :/
or maybe edexcel needs some s1 lessons xD

Reaction score
apparently they dont think about the students whom this is their last year ... i mean if i fail ... imma have to be late one semester for University !!! :cry:

im gonna be late one whole year!! :cry::cry:

Reaction score

o_O !!

Reaction score
Well, If you talk about edexcel, you should realize that you are dealing with the most faulty board in the GCSE/ IGCSE And GCE field! The amount of technical problems is too damn high, and the exams are not hard, the exams are UNFAMILIAR to us, so you think it's impossible to solve, but it's okay! The changes in the whole syllabus and the exam type made us lost! Cause you are surprised with weird question testing your general knowledge in an awkward way making you answer the question wrong even if you have the knowledge.
This is because they are trying to find new questions and information to test, as the pastpapers from 2004 till 2010 used to cover all the syllabus, so they are trying to search for new tricky questions to make the exams have more competition in solving, not as a piece of cake as we used to!
And Unfortunately, you have shortage in the pastpapers forcing you to figure out yourself in the exam how the questions will be like :(
This new exam type is like, beating around the bush to get to the same point and same information they used to get in exams, but they did absolutely in a wrong and silly way!

Sorry for the too long post but I wanted to share my complete point of view, thank you :)

Reaction score
Well, If you talk about edexcel, you should realize that you are dealing with the most faulty board in the GCSE/ IGCSE And GCE field! The amount of technical problems is too damn high, and the exams are not hard, the exams are UNFAMILIAR to us, so you think it's impossible to solve, but it's okay! The changes in the whole syllabus and the exam type made us lost! Cause you are surprised with weird question testing your general knowledge in an awkward way making you answer the question wrong even if you have the knowledge.
This is because they are trying to find new questions and information to test, as the pastpapers from 2004 till 2010 used to cover all the syllabus, so they are trying to search for new tricky questions to make the exams have more competition in solving, not as a piece of cake as we used to!
And Unfortunately, you have shortage in the pastpapers forcing you to figure out yourself in the exam how the questions will be like :(
This new exam type is like, beating around the bush to get to the same point and same information they used to get in exams, but they did absolutely in a wrong and silly way!

Sorry for the too long post but I wanted to share my complete point of view, thank you :)
I agree 100% I hate EDEXCEL! CIE is awesum! bt derex lyk about 2 skulx onli in my city wich offer CIE A Level :( one was expensive n oda had a rumour dt onli Indianx r allwd :( dayum!

Reaction score

i know someone who got an A in c2 , he wanted to resit to get an A* in maths , instead he got A C in c2 , and he thinks it is due to a computer error or sth.

Reaction score
I know what you mean especially after I took Arabic paper 1 less than a week ago & somehow Math but not as hard as Arabic
I used to get highest marks in Arabic through all the year although our teacher was making his tests much harder than usual tests in past papers & I thought Arabic was the easiest subject to get A* in it
then got f#$@ed in paper 1 almost failed in it , and to make it worse paper 2 (23 May) is just about writing & Im not that good at it so no chance even to get an A :(
I hope that ESL is not as bad as Arabic & Math ... I don,t want to resit more than 1 or 2 subjects :mad:

Reaction score
I know what you mean especially after I took Arabic paper 1 less than a week ago & somehow Math but not as hard as Arabic
I used to get highest marks in Arabic through all the year although our teacher was making his tests much harder than usual tests in past papers & I thought Arabic was the easiest subject to get A* in it
then got f#$@ed in paper 1 almost failed in it , and to make it worse paper 2 (23 May) is just about writing & Im not that good at it so no chance even to get an A :(
I hope that ESL is not as bad as Arabic & Math ... I don,t want to resit more than 1 or 2 subjects :mad:

Not good at writing and you were expecting an A* in arabic? how come? Arabic as a first language is a subject based on the writing assessments. the grammar and studying tasks are just 10% of the total subject

Reaction score
Not good at writing and you were expecting an A* in arabic? how come? Arabic as a first language is a subject based on the writing assessments. the grammar and studying tasks are just 10% of the total subject
am arabic and am giving arabic as a second language :D but still afraid to get a B :p

Reaction score
I don,t mean that I,m bad at writing
I meant that I can,t get something like 28 or 27 out of 30 .. I get in the range of 24-25 out 30
as they ask for 300 words & I can,t exceed 220-240 word

I meant from the 1st post that I expected to get a very high mark in paper 1 (the grammar & comprehension paper) but the opposite happened & now I have only paper 2 (writing) which I don,t like