• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

thermocouple theremometer and clinical theremometer helpd needed!!!

Reaction score
thermocouple thremometes and clinical thermometers along wid ths all abt electronics in physics o levels
Clinical thermometer is basically the thermometer we use when we want to see our body temperature. You know, it has a narrow bore and measure to a specific range. When we are measuring the temperature, the mercury flows out of it bulb. It passes over a constriction which prevents it from going back, this way we can easily see what our temperature is. i.e we dont have to hurry. You should see that Federal Phys book. Thermometers are explained well over there. Just keep in mind their features.

Thermocouple, on the other hand is SUPER accurate. it consists of wire junction.. sort of thing.Like there are two wires, and we sort of put one into the substance we want to measure the temperature of. The other junction goes into the substance with KNOWN temp. Because of the temperature difference, a potential difference is produced that is shown on the voltmeter with whom these wires are connected. We determine the temp of the substance according to the value we get on the voltmeter
Hmm yes, thats pretty much what i know about these.
Do correct me if I m wrong. :)