• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

[Thread] I Attitude Toward Results

Reaction score
assalamualikum warahmatulluh wabarakatuh
It seems many members are nervous about the outcome of the results to the examination given this past session , observed by the number of threads (posts) on the topic ''scared i will not score an A'' .
Members are informed that where it is natural to feel nervous about the outcome of one's hard work , it should not be allowed to overwhelm them . There is nothing wrong with feeling nervous . I think the real problem will be if you are not feeling nervous :)
Allah the Sole Creator , Sustainer , Cherisher , Law-Giver and Soverign Lord of this immeasurably vast universe is the One , who decides the destiny of every person . It is beyond human strength to change what He has decided . Alas , to be fearful of the outcome is to be rejecting a part of Faith , as it creates the impression that one is rejecting what has already been enacted . The Holy Prophet (PBUH) said :

''There is no ability or power except through Allah'' (Bukhari)

Here , a very important question comes to mind .
''Does that mean , we should stop hoping for a good result and simply forget about the result?''
Actually this is will be a good attitude . The more the thing about the exam the more your mistakes become apparent and the more you are doubtful that you will achieve your desired result. However , don't take this the wrong way and forget about the result completely .
The best defense against anxiety is , Du'a!
“Nothing can change the Divine decree except Dua.” (Ahmad)

“And when My slaves ask you (O Muhammad PBUH) concerning Me, then (answer them), I am indeed near (to them). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me” (2:186)

“No precaution can protect against the decree of Allah. Du’aa’ is beneficial with regard to what has been decreed and what has not been decreed. The du’a meets the calamity that has been decreed and wrestles with it, until the Day of Resurrection.” (Narrated by al-Tabaraani )

So don't stop asking Allah to grant your desired result . I know this sounds contradicting to our earlier conclusion but actually it isn't . Pray to Allah , and leave the rest to Him .
Allah will ,Inshallah , grant you your desired result (both in this world and the Hereafter )

Now i address those members , who are confident they will get a good result :
I hope you , achieve exactly what you hope to achieve . But it is not sensible to boast , if your paper went good . Remember pride is an undesirable quality . Hazrat Azazil , the jinn who refused to bow before Hazrat Adam , did so out of pride . He felt himself superior to Hazrat Adam . Therefore , don't let confidence overwhelm you .

Du'a should not be taken as a last resort . You can make du'a at any time . Infact , you can make one right now , without closing this screen or turning off your computer . Read this du'a with your heart :
''In the Name of Allah , the Most Gracious , the Most Merciful . O Allah , remove anxiety from our hearts and make us thankful. Protect us from fearing what You have decided and make us be thankful . Grant our desires of this world , to allow us to see Your Majesty and achieve success on the Day of Judgement. Verily , only You can grant success to those who please You and avert Your displeasure ''

Best of Luck for your result :) May you get what you desire .

Reaction score
This was a very nice post!
InshaAllah and Ameen!
May Allah help us all! :)