• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Time management!

Reaction score
Asalam u alaikum everyone!

As for those who are appearing in May/june 2013 session, know that only 5 months are left.. means we have less time! :/

so i just want to make this thread for people who could discuss about how they are managing their time!
As it will really help others. plus, tell about the subjects you're givin! :)

tthanks aand regards,
abdul hafeez

MTH

Reaction score
I had the May/June 2012 one and I had only 3 months to prepare (it's because it was something that I never think of before. I intended to study in Singapore but I failed the exam so my mom's friend suggested me to take IGCSE instead...) Alright, let's back to the topic.

What I did was I went to the library everyday. I read what I had learnt from my tutor but mostly, did the old papers. You don't have to take it serious (Serious in this case means you concentrate on your book every single minute which is impossible, at least for me) I, sometimes, played games on my phone if I didn't feel like to learn or do anything. The reason why I chose library because being in the circumstance that motivate you to learn is something that really works!

I stayed there for about 2-3 hrs then I would take a bus to my tuition centre. I studied there for about 3 hrs (for 2 subjects) then went to my mom's workplace. That's all for me.

I don't study much at home because i know that I'm not gonna learn anything as my laptop is sitting in front of me and earphone in my ears. And if I feel want to study, I will take bus right away to the library. I really don't like to study at home (for me it's not working AT ALL)

Another suggestion is if you feel boring or tired to study, you have to stop instantly. There's no point to force your brain to work if it doesn't want to work.

I hope what I wrote might help you guys to mange your time better and good luck for the exam ! :)

Reaction score
I had the May/June 2012 one and I had only 3 months to prepare (it's because it was something that I never think of before. I intended to study in Singapore but I failed the exam so my mom's friend suggested me to take IGCSE instead...) Alright, let's back to the topic.

What I did was I went to the library everyday. I read what I had learnt from my tutor but mostly, did the old papers. You don't have to take it serious (Serious in this case means you concentrate on your book every single minute which is impossible, at least for me) I, sometimes, played games on my phone if I didn't feel like to learn or do anything. The reason why I chose library because being in the circumstance that motivate you to learn is something that really works!

I stayed there for about 2-3 hrs then I would take a bus to my tuition centre. I studied there for about 3 hrs (for 2 subjects) then went to my mom's workplace. That's all for me.

I don't study much at home because i know that I'm not gonna learn anything as my laptop is sitting in front of me and earphone in my ears. And if I feel want to study, I will take bus right away to the library. I really don't like to study at home (for me it's not working AT ALL)

Another suggestion is if you feel boring or tired to study, you have to stop instantly. There's no point to force your brain to work if it doesn't want to work.

I hope what I wrote might help you guys to mange your time better and good luck for the exam ! :)

that was really helpful, thank you :) #gonnatakethisinconsideration :)

Reaction score
I say, study when you are in the mood to do it. If your aim is to study for your IGCSEs, you're not really under pressure at this point because you still have 5 months left. This information that you study while you are not under pressure is going to stick in your mind. Think of learning quotes from your favorite book. You only remember them because no one forced you to memorise them. I think that the key to time management is that you study whenever you feel like it because this is going to be the most effective time to study and you won't waste time looking at your phone or any other gadgets because you'd be very much into what you're doing.

Oh, and do make a timetable. It's not a waste of time as long as you're realistic and actually intend to stick to it.
Last but not least, don't procrastinate. 'else your hardwork is going to go down the drain.

Reaction score
Time management rule#1: Only study as much as is required (no excess past papers, no excess textbooks), learn to control your fears
There's no such thing as "excess". The more past papers a student does, the better. A student should have many books to refer to. Had there been a single book that contained all the information and taught all the skills necessary, it would have been bought and no one would have to worry about other books. Anyway, what I think you meant is that information-overload should be avoided, which I guess is good advice.

Reaction score
There's no such thing as "excess". The more past papers a student does, the better. A student should have many books to refer to. Had there been a single book that contained all the information and taught all the skills necessary, it would have been bought and no one would have to worry about other books. Anyway, what I think you meant is that information-overload should be avoided, which I guess is good advice.

The CIE endorsed textbook is always specific, sticking to only the required content becomes obvious at university if not at O and A levels. The difference between an A* and a distinction is having limit to the amount of material both in terms of past papers and books

Reaction score
I also like your nick, to be completely honest. I'd say it was the first nick that I noticed when I joined the XP community~!

That's kind. Thank you. :)

Well, yours resembles Xanthippe. I like that name a lot. She was the wife of Socrates.

Reaction score
Actually it is not perfectly true that you can learn every essential skill from cambridge endorsed books as you may find something more comprehensive regarding a specific topic in other reference books. So i would suggest that you better get atleast one more useful resource for exams along with cambridge endorsed as they also help you in learning something which is not clearly explained in any other book. For me revision guides always work best and you can find them for most of the subjects in well known book stores or old books. Also instead of just learning the syllabus contents, focus on exam techniques as well because in some cases you cannot score well without it, no matter how much knowledge you have.