• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Tips for acing Pakistan Studies and Islamiyat

Was this thread helpful?

• Yes

Votes: 45 93.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 6.3%

• Total voters
Reaction score
i was thinking of getting islamiat but i feel like geo past papers might be better to invest on, what do u think?
if you can think your doing well in islamiat then yeah geo would be a better investment

Reaction score
Urgent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please can someone guide me on distinction in O levels Pakistan Studies and Islamiyat?
And also some tips for learning dates?
I will be appearing on 4th October 2021 for the first CAIE so I need to learn them all by that time.

Reaction score
Urgent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please can someone guide me on distinction in O levels Pakistan Studies and Islamiyat?
And also some tips for learning dates?
I will be appearing on 4th October 2021 for the first CAIE so I need to learn them all by that time.
Distinction is mostly dependent on luck and is very rare. however many people guess that neatness, the answer being precise, a vast knowledge is contained in it, exclusive and appropriate references to the quran and hadith which set the answer apart from other students’, easy to follow answers with good structure, small paragraphs which are made logically, and adding extra information that is relevant but you know other students won’t add might contribute to a distinction.
for dates, do you mean key years for events in history and islamiyat? because I believe islamiyat dates are very easy to memorize but history may be quite hard however if you keep a timeline and start date in your mind, you can easily keep track of the rest of the dates. for eg. I know the partition of bengal happened in 1905, so after it was the simla deputation which was caused by it so 1906. and so on

Reaction score
hey guys can someone tell me if when a question comes regarding some prime minister's 'domestic policies' we have to include foreign policies? or only the changes they did regarding local issues. and if a question says for eg to talk about Zia's political policies, does that mean his constitution policies and amendments etc or his foreign policy as well??? like his attendance of the havana conference and OIC summits???

Reaction score
hey guys can someone tell me if when a question comes regarding some prime minister's 'domestic policies' we have to include foreign policies? or only the changes they did regarding local issues. and if a question says for eg to talk about Zia's political policies, does that mean his constitution policies and amendments etc or his foreign policy as well??? like his attendance of the havana conference and OIC summits???
Thank you for the advice. It was definitely helpful!

Reaction score
and what is the best history O level notes, the easiest to memorize from?

Reaction score
would you recommend getting islamiat unsolved or solved past papers?
solved, use muzammils past paper sessions, not from any other teacher/org. memorize the answers of each (the questions are limited by the topic so it will be like you're memorizing the syllabus or book)
i wouldn't really advise you to do history from some notes, maybe do the book nigel kelly to learn the context and then the solved topicals from usman hameed, and nigel smith for the info thats not in kelly for like 4 marks qs

Reaction score
thank youu
ive been thinking of getting either dr iftikhar's history or geography notes? what do u think is a better investment? which of these notes are really good for its subject?

also is muzammil's islamiat notes better or dr iftikhar's?

Last edited:
Reaction score
HI!! i rememeber reading these threads before my first cies of Pak studies urdu and islamiyat. Firstly the notes i used to prepare for history were Sir amir saleem notes and Sir ajmal book. if you're from Islamabad you'll be able to find them from Capital High academy and alma academy. These are all i used for history and my paper went amazing. For islamiyat use Sir muzzail notes are enough and ideology of Islam by Muhammad Pervaiz was recommended to me by a distinction holder. For geography huma book is the best and i regret not using it in my cies but trust me it looks dry but the info in there is all you need for geography and my most important advice is to not rely on guess papers waghera. do everything. We were told by all teachers that section 3 will come as section A but we got section 1 dusra geography mai the paper is now more conceptual than before so make sure you know how to answer ur questions and lastly ANALYSIS are a must for History to put on good impression on examiner. And there is no specific way in how to attempt questions, just write what you know by staying relevant to the question of course and pleaseeee do a lot of time management practise even if you do your test on time at school but do attempt 1 or 2 papers by setting a timer. (thank me later) Because assuming its your first time giving paper you're tensed and you may stumble upon a whole new question you never read before. so time management is very important. I myself unfortunately could not attempt 1 question due to time limitations and some other peers too. And if you feel you'll not be able to complete the given qs in the answer booklet straight away ask for an extra sheet first rather than waiting in the end because halls are too big and takes time for an invigilator to get one . Anyways, golden tip is to not be tensed or worried i remember Islamiyat was my first paper and i was practically about to pass out because itne anxiety horahi thi but please remain calm and treat it like any other exam, and for islamiyat what i did was attempt all 10 marks questions first along with b parts and last mai i did q1 and saved a lot of time even for rechecking. Khair that's all you need to know folks. I hope this helped you and i know you're tense and trying to find any helpful resources tips I've been there too but the books mentioned above are all you need and if I've time i will make a thread of useful stuff I've in pdf form. Please remember me in ur prayers, my result will be out in January so pray for my good grades. jazakallaha. YOU GOT THIS. YOU GOT THIS!!

Reaction score
Okay so guys I ended up getting 3 distinctions in the Oct Nov session after my reply!!!!!!!!! its all luck and hard work honestly and you clearly dont need to get full marks in your exam to get one because i know for a fact i got a question wrong!!! if anyone wants a proper description of how i got them i can definitely write a post on it here
reALLYY!! congratsss

Reaction score
reALLYY!! congratsss
thank you so much!!! it’s so weird cuz I remember posting on here about how much syllabus I have left for most my exams and how stressed I was and telling people how many days it would take to do a certain chapter and now after all that is over, it feels so unreal :,) I hope everyone here knows now that it is very very much possible and all depends on your luck, prayers and hard work :) anyone can do it so don’t doubt yourself for a second and please don’t ruin your mental health over these exams, only utilise the healthy stress and always remain hopeful, if you haven’t done it before, you always have now
p.s. distinctions aren’t some otherworldly achievement, they are very much possible, in fact worrying too much about making your paper perfect will decrease your chances and distract you from the actual questions so take it easy, i’m the messiest person there and I remember writing 3-6 lines more than the lines given in a few biology p2 questions and cutting and still got a world distinction, it’s really the marks and content that counts

Reaction score
thank you so much!!! it’s so weird cuz I remember posting on here about how much syllabus I have left for most my exams and how stressed I was and telling people how many days it would take to do a certain chapter and now after all that is over, it feels so unreal :,) I hope everyone here knows now that it is very very much possible and all depends on your luck, prayers and hard work :) anyone can do it so don’t doubt yourself for a second and please don’t ruin your mental health over these exams, only utilise the healthy stress and always remain hopeful, if you haven’t done it before, you always have now
p.s. distinctions aren’t some otherworldly achievement, they are very much possible, in fact worrying too much about making your paper perfect will decrease your chances and distract you from the actual questions so take it easy, i’m the messiest person there and I remember writing 3-6 lines more than the lines given in a few biology p2 questions and cutting and still got a world distinction, it’s really the marks and content that counts
can u please tell me which books and notes u used to isl and pakstudies plus if u dont mind can u tell me about sociology also if u took it too

Reaction score
can u please tell me which books and notes u used to isl and pakstudies plus if u dont mind can u tell me about sociology also if u took it too
Check my previous comments to this post on the first page! and I didn’t take sociology

Reaction score
Check my previous comments to this post on the first page! and I didn’t take sociology
lol was doing that in the past hour but getting kinda confused due to alot of comments if u dont mind can u give me a brief comment on what used please