• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Tips for Physics, Chemistry, Maths and a studying schedule!

Reaction score
Well, I'm about to give all my subjects in one go this May/June and I'm really tensed that what will happen! I'm a A grade student and i have a lot of pressure on myself! My school made me appear in all 8 subjects as there would be a chance of a distinction!

So i would be really thankful if anybody would help me in giving some tips for Physics, Chemistry and Maths as i have read many posts of the other subjects so i don't really need help in those subjects. And some tips to how to handle all my subjects in these 17 days! :?

Please Help!

PlanetMaster

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
Re: Tips for Physics, Chemistry, Maths and a studying schedu

Since very rare people can actually do this so don't expect really good reply's.
I also gave eight papers in one go and they went smother than i expected.
If you are aiming for distinction, studying crazily won't help!
You need to go through all marking schemes and examiner reports.
While marking scheme's only gives you the points examiner is looking for,
examiner reports tells you how examiner expects to see that.
Also make sure you don't sacrifice your sleep and food.
Best of luck..

Reaction score

I'm giving 17 subjects. And my opinion is just as the admin said above. Chill and don't panic. Revise what you forget often. The rest depends on how well you have done in the months that have gone behind. Have confidence in what you know rather than worrying about a tiny bit that you don't.

For physics, chemistry mcq's revise past papers 2002 onwards. Same goes for the other papers. Don't just read from books.

Maths, same. But remember to get the final accuracy marks by giving all answers to 3 sig figures. And angles to 1 decimal place.

And one Golden rule: Don't make your studies complex, make them productive. If you feel you can do something in 3 hours. Do it in 3 hours. There's no need to spend 13 hours. Some people study a lot but end up at B's. Its about the way you study. And remember Cambridge University demands a philosophical approach. So, don't worry about the subject content too much if your concepts are clear.

Good Luck.

Reaction score

Thank you guys!
You people have really given a good advice specially zohaib sherazi!
you guys have calmed me down a bit......i owe you guys! and i'm really impressed with you zohaib as your giving 17 subjects! WOOW!

Reaction score

And well as you have told me if i follow this pattern, can i score straight a's? :?:

Reaction score

I entered my last Chemistry P2 test without studying, but all I did was just solve past papers and that.
You just gotta believe in yourself, and you'll make it Insha2 Allah ;)

~ Kimo Force

Reaction score

Thank you guys!