• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

To Saud Aslam and others too

Reaction score
I am still a bit confused about percentile system, grade thresholds and all that things. I appeared in October 2010 of Pakistan studies exam.
Suppose many of the candidates scored less in geography paper and more in history, so will it be like that 81 or above 85% the grade would be A*?
Because i have realized that very less people had appeared in this session of Pakistan studies and didn't do well in geography especially.

Reaction score
Cambridge has a very complex grading system.However this grading sytem aims to standarized the requirement of Grades in each session.
Suppose someone has got 99 in addmaths in 2010,so it is not neccessary that he would have exact 99% marks.It could be 89% and then converted to 99 after applying there grading system.
If the Pakistanstudy paper in Nov 2010 was difficult then A* could be at 85 % marks otherwise 85% marks in Pakistan Study is an easY A.

Reaction score
So cie would also see how much candidates did well and how much bad in this session? Suppose if much of the candidates in this session did bad in pakistan studies, so would the grading system be changed? I mean suppose i got 85%, few got 90%, but most of the candidates scored less than 80%, so they would make 85% to 90 or 95% and hence I would get A*??

Reaction score
Read these attachments:

Attachments

• CIE grading standards - FAQs.pdf
    27.8 KB · Views: 28
  • A guide to additional results reporting June 2010.pdf
    329.3 KB · Views: 29
Reaction score
Thanks Hamid for those attachements but I have already seen these before. Actually the thing that I am finding quite confusing is written above. I mean for example in this session ( november 2010) the paper of pakistan studies was quite difficult. Suppose most of the candidates in geography scored 50 out of 75 and in history they scored 65 above, so obviously the threshold will change? I mean since the examiner would realize that the candidates hadn't performed that much well so 80 above would be an A*.In other words the candidates who scored 80 would be changed into 90%. Is this so?
Thanks again!!