• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Tomorrow's Islamiat Paper

Reaction score
I have a few questions about the paper tomorrow.
In all the questions apart from question one, instead of first attempting part (a) which is for 10 marks, can we first start with (b) (worth 4 marks) in all the questions, or will it give a bad impression? This is so that the (b) parts can get out of the way and I can spend my time concentrating on the (a) parts later, which are more important.

Reaction score
As a matter of fact, it can give a bad impression. It's always appreciated that you write your answers in continuous prose. However, if you do it like the way you want to do, it won't be penalized. But CAN create not a good impression though! Good luck for tomorrow's paper!! ;)

Reaction score
No way you cant do that because 10 marks answer is usually long and you do not know how much it can take ..First attempt the hadith like take almost 10-15 mins in those or it can be less they arent that hard but then attempt Q2 which is of importance of hadith..Legal thinking,sunni shia hadith whatever it can be Attempt the 10 marks question from 3,4,5 first and later you can attempt four marks question it doesnt take much time as it take for 10 marks questions because you have to answer briefly.

Best of luck to all those Who are giving islamiyat paper 2
tomorrow.May your hard way show success and may all of you have bright future .Ameen Remember this:

Remember this

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice.
Also, what should we write in the question about the six sunni hadith and four shia hadith, for 10 marks, because if it comes tomorrow, it's compulsory.

Reaction score
For sunni hadith first give a introduction like for example if the Question is :

Q1:Write names of six collections of Ahadith (Saha sitta).Also briefly describe their main features :

Ans: Muhaddithun have made various collections of Ahadith.Saha sitta are considered of highest rank.These are
Sahih Bukhari,Sahi Muslim.Sunan Nisai,sunan abu daud,jami tirmidhi and sunan ibne majah.

For example if you are writing about sahih Muslim:
1:It was compiled by Imam Abdul Hussain bin Muslim.He lived between 204-264 A.H.
2:He almost travelled to almost all centers of Islamic empire for collecting Ahadith.
3:His Sahih is the most famous work among his works.
4:He examined every hadith strictly before writing and mentioned only Sahih Ahadith.
5:He gathered 9200 out of 300,000 Ahadith that he had collected and learned.
6:It is A mussanaf collection as he divided Ahadith into chapter as per their topics and themes.
7:It is considered as next to bukhari
8:His and Bukharis are the top two Sahih collections and collectively they are called Saheehain.
9:Any Hadith mentioned in his books is considered more authentic and termed as agreed upon.
10:He was influenced with imam Bukhari and was one of his students.
11:Once he visited Imam bukhari and kissed his forehead saying: 'Let me kiss your feet,O Master of Muhaddithun and doctor of hadith.

IN EXAMS DONT WRITE IN POINTS WRITE IT IN PARAGRAPH.

For shia hadith in my opinion there are less chances but i'll just give u introduction

Q2:Outline the main features of four collections of shia Hadith.

ANS: Among the collections of shia hadith four collections have gained the most prominence.They include the sayings of Prophet(Pbuh) as well as sayings of Imams.Due to the sayings of the twelve imams they are called the twelve collections.These are:
Kitab-al-kafi of Shaikh kulayni (16,099 hadith)

2:Man-la-Yahdurul faqih of Shaikh sadiq (9,044)

3:Tahzib-ul-Ihkam by sheikh tusi (13,590)

4:AL-ibtisaar b

Reaction score
For sunni hadith first give a introduction like for example if the Question is :

Q1:Write names of six collections of Ahadith (Saha sitta).Also briefly describe their main features :

Ans: Muhaddithun have made various collections of Ahadith.Saha sitta are considered of highest rank.These are
Sahih Bukhari,Sahi Muslim.Sunan Nisai,sunan abu daud,jami tirmidhi and sunan ibne majah.

For example if you are writing about sahih Muslim:
1:It was compiled by Imam Abdul Hussain bin Muslim.He lived between 204-264 A.H.
2:He almost travelled to almost all centers of Islamic empire for collecting Ahadith.
3:His Sahih is the most famous work among his works.
4:He examined every hadith strictly before writing and mentioned only Sahih Ahadith.
5:He gathered 9200 out of 300,000 Ahadith that he had collected and learned.
6:It is A mussanaf collection as he divided Ahadith into chapter as per their topics and themes.
7:It is considered as next to bukhari
8:His and Bukharis are the top two Sahih collections and collectively they are called Saheehain.
9:Any Hadith mentioned in his books is considered more authentic and termed as agreed upon.
10:He was influenced with imam Bukhari and was one of his students.
11:Once he visited Imam bukhari and kissed his forehead saying: 'Let me kiss your feet,O Master of Muhaddithun and doctor of hadith.

IN EXAMS DONT WRITE IN POINTS WRITE IT IN PARAGRAPH.

For shia hadith in my opinion there are less chances but i'll just give u introduction

Q2:Outline the main features of four collections of shia Hadith.

ANS: Among the collections of shia hadith four collections have gained the most prominence.They include the sayings of Prophet(Pbuh) as well as sayings of Imams.Due to the sayings of the twelve imams they are called the twelve collections.These are:
Kitab-al-kafi of Shaikh kulayni (16,099 hadith)

2:Man-la-Yahdurul faqih of Shaikh sadiq (9,044)

3:Tahzib-ul-Ihkam by sheikh tusi (13,590)

4:AL-ibtisaar b
in which year did you appear for islamiat?

Reaction score
im gonna appear tomorrow :p
ok. but the way you wrote the answer is kinda obsolete, i mean this was the style before 2009, now i ve read examiners concentrate more on the planning and quality of answer, not just the points to be included.