• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

top careers in future?

Reaction score
Umm okay people I need help. I don't know what to take for a levels next year. I gave all science subs for o level but I don't think I want to go into medical or engineering. But then I think that I might like engineering. I don't really have a career choice but I was thinking something in ict would be great. Ict and math. So please give me some career suggestions in ict and math. And one of the careers I've been thinking about it actuarial science. It's math and commerce and ict. Do you think it's a good choice? And if yes then what subs should I take. I was thinking math/statistics,ict and business studies and economics. My first choice was accounting but someone told me economics is better for actuarial science. Also do you think it'll be hard? I mean I haven't studied economics or business studies before at all! I've done ict and math tho.
As far as I can think of, ICT, Maths, Statistics and Economics can involve careers along the lines of a Computer Engineer, an Analyst or a System Analyst (they're 2 different things), an Economist, an Economic Statistician, Economic Analyst, a career in Business, Marketing and Human Resource Management. Check this out for a few more: https://careers.un.org/lbw/home.aspx?viewtype=JN

If you want my opinion, take Accounting as well.

Reaction score
As far as I can think of, ICT, Maths, Statistics and Economics can involve careers along the lines of a Computer Engineer, an Analyst or a System Analyst (they're 2 different things), an Economist, an Economic Statistician, Economic Analyst, a career in Business, Marketing and Human Resource Management. Check this out for a few more: https://careers.un.org/lbw/home.aspx?viewtype=JN

If you want my opinion, take Accounting as well.
isn't chemistry and physics important for engineering? and i don't mind taking accounting but dude no one takes more than 4 subs in A level. And all i keep hearing is how hard it is. especially accounting. i could take it in place of economics or business studies but do you I''ll be able to do? Like i said i don't know the first thing about commerce and A levels is hard so im a bit freaked out. And so confused.

Reaction score
isn't chemistry and physics important for engineering? and i don't mind taking accounting but dude no one takes more than 4 subs in A level. And all i keep hearing is how hard it is. especially accounting. i could take it in place of economics or business studies but do you I''ll be able to do? Like i said i don't know the first thing about commerce and A levels is hard so im a bit freaked out. And so confused.
Physics, Chemistry and Maths is important for Engineering yes, but not Computer Engineering. For that, only Computer Studies or AICT is needed. Don't replace Economics, it's an important subject. Maybe you can replace BST. And bro, I'll be taking 7 AS-levels and 5 A-levels, and I know many who are giving the same or more amount of subjects.
Of course A-levels is hard. Did you expect it to be easy? Every board in every country is hard at that level.

Reaction score
Physics, Chemistry and Maths is important for Engineering yes, but not Computer Engineering. For that, only Computer Studies or AICT is needed. Don't replace Economics, it's an important subject. Maybe you can replace BST. And bro, I'll be taking 7 AS-levels and 5 A-levels, and I know many who are giving the same or more amount of subjects.
Of course A-levels is hard. Did you expect it to be easy? Every board in every country is hard at that level.
Of course I didn't expect it to be easy but I'll still be doing subjects which I've never done in my life. And since I missed the basics don't you think it'll be a little difficult? And lol you're gonna talk me into taking more subs too! So if I end up dying it'll be your fault. But thanks for the advice.
What are your career plans?

Reaction score
Of course I didn't expect it to be easy but I'll still be doing subjects which I've never done in my life. And since I missed the basics don't you think it'll be a little difficult? And lol you're gonna talk me into taking more subs too! So if I end up dying it'll be your fault. But thanks for the advice.

Nah, it'll be fine ;)
I'll be doing Economics for the first time in AS too :D
Don't die, I don't want your blood on my hands :D
Not entirely sure, but I might do Medical or Chemical Engineering. Whatever I do, I want my studies to be directed towards Nanomedicine ;) Maybe for my postgraduate or PhD :p

Reaction score
Shadow_hunter sum subjects mentioned arent offered in our school! u will die if u took 7 (coming frm sum1 who knws)

Reaction score
Nah, it'll be fine ;)
I'll be doing Economics for the first time in AS too :D
Don't die, I don't want your blood on my hands :D
Not entirely sure, but I might do Medical or Chemical Engineering. Whatever I do, I want my studies to be directed towards Nanomedicine ;) Maybe for my postgraduate or PhD :p
Wow you've got it all figured out. My parents want me to do medical but I don't really want to. And they're not forcing me or anything but since Idont have anything planned out I'm afraid I might just end up doing it. So my plans for this summer include figuring out exactly what I wanna do for the rest of my life.

Reaction score
Wow you've got it all figured out. My parents want me to do medical but I don't really want to. And they're not forcing me or anything but since Idont have anything planned out I'm afraid I might just end up doing it. So my plans for this summer include figuring out exactly what I wanna do for the rest of my life.

Think with a clear mind :)

Reaction score
Umm I think he meant business studies.
Yeah, I did.
Anyway, about some subjects not being offered, if you really want to take them, talk to your co-ordinator and see if can convince him/her to offer that subject to you. You'll have to find someone to teach it to you though ;)

Reaction score
Yeah, I did.
Anyway, about some subjects not being offered, if you really want to take them, talk to your co-ordinator and see if can convince him/her to offer that subject to you. You'll have to find someone to teach it to you though ;)
@Dark Eclipse we live in a country where u cant pick an a-level teacher from a tree! so yh we tried 4 other subject shes says there r no teachers we can find!