• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Top ten tips for exams

Reaction score
Okay I know I know..Everyone is posting alot of tips right now but these ones are the ones I consider to be the best. ;)
Someone stated that studying whole year is important, last month study is more important than whol e year study, last week study really give you confidence and revision on the day just before the exam really secure so that you can do better in examination and those 2 hours to 3 hours will you the result of your whole year
labour.
1) While practicing try to increase your speed with the help of stop watch and put the target so that you can increase your speed.
2) Before the exam warm up by doing some gentle exercise to relieve any tension in your body and to get a rush of healthy oxygen flowing to your brain .
3)In an exam, make sure you read the question completely and fully understand what the examiner wants before you allocate your time and begin answering the questions.4)
Have sound sleep before the examination day, stop negative thinking.

5)
Do not discuss about those topics at which you are bit weaker. Just do not worry even if you are feeling that feel that you forget everything when examination will come to your hand your hand and pen will know what to write so just do not care about it.
6)Eat a chocolate b4 the exam. Instant enery pack huh? :sneaky:
7)If you are faced with a mental block breathe deeply, relax and ask yourself "If I did know the answer to this question, what would it be?"8)DONT UNDERESTIMATE ME, when I advise u not to disscuss the paper after the exam, it brings ur motivation level to zero, u have to give exams after this remember?
9)
Attempt all questions, that is very important to secure good marks and I am sure you will feel the advantage of revision here ...

10)MOTIVATE ur self even more after the exam.
Best of luck! And don't forget to pray for me :)

Reaction score
Take an objective look at your approaches to studying. If you are lacking in good study habits, you may want to take a study skills training course. Set realistic study goals with ample time for quality learning and repetition. One rule of thumb is that for each hour of class time, study one or two hours at home.

iim-cat
Cat online test

Reaction score
areebaization thanks for the tips, they've helped reduce stress before exams

Reaction score
Don't want this good thread to die so here another good tip:

TIME IS A PROBLEM, and it's really a disaster if your teachers/invigilators are strict, my school conducted an english exam for those who are weak (this is me) and I was happy in the beginning very easy, then there WAS 2 LONG COMPOSITIONS and the time ended I failed in the exam and got the lowest mark something like 15 from 100 (I did very good in IGCSE though, learned from my mistake) , do not dream, or stick on a question too much, its better to get some marks here and there, than lose them all, and you want to go through the paper again 2 - 4 times preferably (do not overdo this or you will get nervous and you may change a correct answer to a wrong one)

Reaction score
Don't want this good thread to die so here another good tip:

TIME IS A PROBLEM, and it's really a disaster if your teachers/invigilators are strict, my school conducted an english exam for those who are weak (this is me) and I was happy in the beginning very easy, then there WAS 2 LONG COMPOSITIONS and the time ended I failed in the exam and got the lowest mark something like 15 from 100 (I did very good in IGCSE though, learned from my mistake) , do not dream, or stick on a question too much, its better to get some marks here and there, than lose them all, and you want to go through the paper again 2 - 4 times preferably (do not overdo this or you will get nervous and you may change a correct answer to a wrong one)

oh yus, that's my priority too :) anyway thanks

Reaction score
Okay I know I know..Everyone is posting alot of tips right now but these ones are the ones I consider to be the best. ;)
Someone stated that studying whole year is important, last month study is more important than whol e year study, last week study really give you confidence and revision on the day just before the exam really secure so that you can do better in examination and those 2 hours to 3 hours will you the result of your whole year
labour.
1) While practicing try to increase your speed with the help of stop watch and put the target so that you can increase your speed.
2) Before the exam warm up by doing some gentle exercise to relieve any tension in your body and to get a rush of healthy oxygen flowing to your brain .
3)In an exam, make sure you read the question completely and fully understand what the examiner wants before you allocate your time and begin answering the questions.4)
Have sound sleep before the examination day, stop negative thinking.

5)
Do not discuss about those topics at which you are bit weaker. Just do not worry even if you are feeling that feel that you forget everything when examination will come to your hand your hand and pen will know what to write so just do not care about it.
6)Eat a chocolate b4 the exam. Instant enery pack huh? :sneaky:
7)If you are faced with a mental block breathe deeply, relax and ask yourself "If I did know the answer to this question, what would it be?"8)DONT UNDERESTIMATE ME, when I advise u not to disscuss the paper after the exam, it brings ur motivation level to zero, u have to give exams after this remember?
9)
Attempt all questions that is very important to secure a good marks and I am sure you will feel the advantage of revision here ...

10)MOTIVATE ur self even more after the exam.
Best of luck! And don't forget to pray for me :)

thanks for the tips i like it :)

Reaction score
Read more books or watch good movies (Sherlock Holmes or Harry Potter) with subtitles. Better yet read articles on the internet, they really help build vocabulary :)

thanks a lot :) ..... but i m already been doing this...but can u advice me any good english book or tips for writing skill! ?

Reaction score
Hey guys , Im appearing 1st time for cambrige : islamiayt private paper. Can u plz giude me What am I gonna do when I reach?

Reaction score
Hey guys , Im appearing 1st time for cambrige : islamiayt private paper. Can u plz giude me What am I gonna do when I reach?
Practice past papers and try to increase your speed cause they only give 1 and a half hour for the paper.u should also memorize main quotations as they really help by giving a good impression.they give u extra marks.

Reaction score
How was ur paper every one? Islamiyat was soooooo eeeassy! InshAllah we all will get an A* this time InshAllah! I hope paper two is also easy !