• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Transformation (Maths)

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm facing some problems in Transfromation.
Can anyone tell me the basics of rotation?
And please tell me how to find the Stretch and Scale factors. :)

Reaction score
to find the scale factor for stretch, if A*is the image of A then the scale factor is (distance of A* from the invarient line) divided by the (distance of A from the invarient line)

Reaction score
haha. Atleast it wont come in p2 this year. A 12 mark question on transformations came last year in november!

Reaction score
ibadsiddiqi said:
haha. Atleast it wont come in p2 this year. A 12 mark question on transformations came last year in november!
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: i had it done so well..

Reaction score
But it will definetly come in p1!! it always comes in p1 and its usually worth 4 or 5 marks!

Reaction score
first you find the acceleration from 0-20. the deceleration will therefore be half of that. Now the car took 20 seconds to achieve a speed of u m/s. and the acceleration was twice of the deceleration so it would take 40 seconds to get a speed of u/2 and hence 80 seconds to get a speed of u/4. I think 80 seconds is the answer

Reaction score
ibadsiddiqi said:

WHY WON;T IT COME THIS YEAR???

Reaction score
I dont know if it will come or not but i THINK it wont come cuz it already came in the october/november session and transformation questions dont come that often in Paper 2. However they do come often in Paper1

Reaction score
ibadsiddiqi said:
first you find the acceleration from 0-20. the deceleration will therefore be half of that. Now the car took 20 seconds to achieve a speed of u m/s. and the acceleration was twice of the deceleration so it would take 40 seconds to get a speed of u/2 and hence 80 seconds to get a speed of u/4. I think 80 seconds is the answer
the answer's 90 :(

Reaction score
I think i got it. The time taken for the car to come to rest when it starts decelerating is 40 seconds. so the time taken for the car to come to a speed of U/4 is 3/4 x 40. So the time taken for the car to achieve a speed of U/4 is 30 seconds. So the time t is 60 + 30= 90!!! YES I AM A GENIUS.

Did you get it?? I could explain it further if you want me to